X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

MegoMeet 2020

I know just from the thread title Steve rolled his eyes, but it's not that kind of thread.

Whatever weekend we have set up, I think it would be fantastic, if people are available, to start arriving Tuesday-Wednesday. With the larger venue we are scattered around the room and don't get the social time we used to in Wheeling or even Skokie. And as crazy as Saturday was, there was little to know time together aside from the sketchy dinner at Outback and the suite.

We wouldn't likely be able to get room block discounts that early, but that's fine. I'm willing to spend the extra money and time to be able to do stuff with family and friends way before we even think about table setup and breakdowns. That's at least my plan for next year. I'll come in on Tuesday and hit local toy stores and comic shops, and I'd prefer not to do that alone.

I realize that vacation time has to be planned out way in advance for most, but I thought I'd gauge interest here and see if anyone thinks like I do on this topic. We simply didn't have enough time to catch up or talk. I miss that part.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.
  • Bronxboykev
    Permanent Member
    • Mar 7, 2011

I know Exactly what you mean... It was a huge help moving the HOF Dinner off of Friday night to the Thursday to help space things out but even doing that Fridays Lunch killed my schedule and I found myself no where near ready for Saturday morning... I truly know now what it feels like to be Roberto (Blue Meanie)... I'm thinking bring back the Pizza Party Friday around lunch so that keeps most of us there in the room with each other Longer and Maybe even do it Saturday at lunch as well maybe even add $5 to the early admission dealers to pay for the Pizza instead of scrambling around the Friday to collect money, we could probably even pre order the stuff for both says in advance so all they have to do is deliver each day. Not sure but if the Hotel has another room they could set up we could order and Cater the Saturday night closing Dinner in another room... Just throwing stuff out there to see if it sticks

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

I agree having the HOF dinner on Thursday worked out really well. I may be arriving on Wednesday next year to make the weekend last longer.
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

I'd love to be able to spend more time. It'd be great to take a whole week off.
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• VintageMike
          Permanent Member
          • Dec 16, 2004

I like the idea and have boatloads of vacation time. Just depends on what is going on at the time since it's very far out. Only have a vague idea right now of what's going on between then and now both with work and personally.

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

I really like this idea as well.

Let's see if we make this happen next year!
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Avenging Robot
              • Jun 1, 2012

Can I ask what is the reason/significance etc. of holding it in Youngstown? Just asking...

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Avenging Robot
                Can I ask what is the reason/significance etc. of holding it in Youngstown? Just asking...
                Just the name takes us all back to happier times..........

Seriously, it's not held in Youngstown. We are heading into our third year in Columbus. It's a good fit.

Comment

• Type3Toys
                  Home Of The Type3 Body
                  • Jan 18, 2005

That's exactly what I did in 2019. I came in on Wednesday.
                  LOOK
                  Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                  For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                  To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• Random Axe
                    The Voice of Reason
                    • Apr 16, 2008

I used to get into Wheeling and Skokie on Wed but I was the only one. Let's change that!
                    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Brue
                      User without title
                      • Sep 29, 2005

I will not get a hotel room for early days, if people are there I would love to hang out since it is local

Comment

• Brue
                        User without title
                        • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Avenging Robot
                        Ha! Where did you get that idea? I grew up there. We could definitely get a cheap venue. Maybe a shuttered steel factory. Just fly in to Cleveland or Pittsburg 'cause the commercial airport's been closed for a while. Pick up the paper before you get there too -they just announced it is folding too.

Comment

• ScottA
                          Original Member
                          • Jun 25, 2001

I arrived oin Wednesday this year and it was great. I plan to do it again (if a friend's daughter's wedding doesn't coincide next year).
                          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎