X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megojim
    Permanent Member
    • Oct 13, 2001

Back to MM recap

It seems like it was a long time ago as I left early Saturday and have been in the Dominican Republic until yesterday . . . . .
    All that said I had such a great time! If I don't mention you by name please take no offense as it was 2 days of fun and blurr . . . .
    Can't even start unless I mention Steve and his tireless efforts to keep this 1976 Monte Carlo running. It was great seeing you and again thank you for everything!
    Also a big thanks to Austin and his efforts with the MHoF. I was planning on attending MM this year but truth is that this put me over the edge, had to be there and I can't thank you enough to be a part of this great group! Congrats to the rest of the inductees! Great to meet and chat with Charlie Flatt (an awesome dude), Troy and Scott!! I also spotted and met Marty as he entered the hotel (I was headed to lunch) Very approachable guy. Wish I could have seen him speak in person.
    Chad and Sean you guys are top notch and I really appreciate your friendship over the years!
    I was lucky enough to have a table right by the infamous Ligotti bros. Always good to see you boys and a big thanks to Berto for the cool Superman frame tray puzzle he gifted me!
    I spent a good deal of my first night chatting with David Lee and Art while they working on customs, Dave as always brother, much respect your way. Art, you have got to be the coolest guy ever and thanks for the comic books for my grandson, autographed to boot!!
    Chuck, Chris, Paul, Brian H, Brian B & Scott A it was great seeing you guys again, almost felt like we should be running across the street to Hoss'. Mike, Brue, Brian L, Bill, Paul w, Robyn, Ed, Lou, Dan, etc . . . . thanks!!
    I picked up a grail I had been intently looking for over a year, Matchbox Ghost of Captain Kidd Loose but complete in good condition. While I was at it my boy David Lee brought me old stock of his Castaway Ghost of Jesse James! The rest is in the pic but a special head nod to Ed Naggy for bringing me Tin Man parts for the Mark I Iron Man figs I make, have 2 orders from the show. Super excited to see that my Hatbox Ghost brought in some decent coin and it couldn't have gone to a better home in Chris DVM's!!
    As always it's the people and the memories, so please forgive me if I left you out . . . . God willing, see ya'll next year!!!

mm haul.jpg
    My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!
  • noelani72
    27inaleon
    • Jun 25, 2002

it was great seeing you back..and building stuff!!

Comment

• VintageMike
      Permanent Member
      • Dec 16, 2004

Great to see you again!

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

That's what makes the Meet worth coming back to: the "meeting" part. So glad we had a chance to do so.

Comment

• Brue
          User without title
          • Sep 29, 2005

Very glad you made the Return to Megmeet!

Comment

• Random Axe
            The Voice of Reason
            • Apr 16, 2008

It was great to have you back, even for a truncated amount of time. If I'd had the forethought I'd have brought you a thumbdrive of cool tunes similar to what we've discussed. I may just mail you one once I complete it.
            I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

Much love man. Glad you were back.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• boss
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 18, 2003

It was great to see you, Jim.
                Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

I'm really glad you made it this year.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

It was nice to chat with you again, I think we first met at the '13 or '14 meet. I'm such a fan of your "old" site.

Glad also to see you nabbed a Furies' Captain Kidd--I think it's one of the best toys ever made.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎