X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noelani72
    27inaleon
    • Jun 25, 2002

Thanks for a sweet vacation!

Still struggling to get back into real life, and just like last year, I developed allergies or something from the hotel I suspect...

But, sincerely, thank you Steve, Brain, Robyn, Austin, whoever else who may be behind the scenes....
    I told The Boy as we put the vehicle in drive, pulling away from the hotel Sunday morning..we always say "this was the best one yet", but wow, everything went super smooth.

It's such an emotional thing for me to realize Sunday morning that it's over and time to go home.

Explaining MM to my coworkers, as recent as today actually....you can't go ten feet without hugging someone.

{hugs}

Chad
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

As I was driving through the city on my way home, I was overcome by emotion. It has been a LONG time since I got to see so many great people all weekend long (I was splitting time between two events).
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Bronxboykev
      Permanent Member
      • Mar 7, 2011

Yep I know what you mean... It’s over still hasn’t set in! And although most of my Co workers know this is what we do every summer they really don’t understand when you explain your trip. See you on the Funny pages brother... till next June!!!

Comment

• VintageMike
        Permanent Member
        • Dec 16, 2004

Some rough patches for me, but without repeating the obvious, watching you put the Wayne Foundation together in the suite was pretty much the perfect ending for me. Most of my co-workers in the office have been there a while so they know what this means to me at least.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

It's taken a week for me to clear my head, get some rest, and catch up at work, but I want to say thank you to everyone--friends old and new--for a wonderful week-end of camaraderie, creative collaboration, and collecting. The generosity of the Mego community never ceases to amaze me, and I particularly appreciate how folks made my partner Jason feel welcome at his first meet. He is still talking about it, about kit-bashing his first figure (courtesy of Dave L. & Jason S.), and about attending next year. It was our only weekend away this year and also our way of celebrating Pride with friends.

I had some great conversations, wishing I had time for more. The panel was amazing. And I reacquired a childhood favorite--thank you, Swankcat.

And next year Sean, when you master that card game, we'll play again!
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• B-Lister
            Eccentric Weirdo
            • Mar 19, 2010

You should've gone downtown for the Pridefest!
            Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I've attended Columbus Pride before and enjoyed it, but the meet was paramount to me and kept us happily occupied the entire week-end.
              Last edited by PNGwynne; Jun 22, '19, 10:31 PM.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

Fair enough.

I had to divide my time. Friday for the meet, Saturday for Pride.

Comment

• samurainoir
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Dec 26, 2006

Glad to chat with you and hear that things have been going so great lately. The Meet wouldn't be the same without you and the boy, and we always look forward to seeing what you've cooked up. The "statue" of Calibos was inspired.
                  My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• megojim
                    Permanent Member
                    • Oct 13, 2001

always good to see the Gordy boys!!! Perseus needs to come to Jimmy's house
                    My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎