PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay this year!

PNGwynne
Jun 17, '19, 5:05 PM
I really enjoyed the cosplay at this year's meet--Batman, Tarzan, Isis, Captain Ohio, Mego Klingons, a terrific Soldier Ape, some GOONS, and probably some more I missed.

I think it added an additional zing! to the meet without being distracting. At least I hope so.

And Brue--thanks!

Brue
Jun 17, '19, 8:39 PM
No. Thank you.

It's not cosplay. It is real.

And Logan was there.

PNGwynne
Jun 17, '19, 9:03 PM
lol True.

And yes, I forgot Logan.

samurainoir
Jun 18, '19, 6:09 AM
Thanks Brue, Lilly, and Scott/PNGwynne for recruiting me for your group cosplay. It was fun. I'll bring black pants next year. 8)

Hedji
Jun 18, '19, 6:31 AM
Let's see some pics! :wink:

scott metzger
Jun 18, '19, 8:00 AM
I was really impressed by the creativity of the costumes. We didn't just have someone dressed as Isis; we had someone dressed as MEGO Isis, right down to the tiara being painted on. :) It was fantastic seeing the folks dressed up, and the "Batman vs. the Grand Order of Occidental Nighthawks" battle we saw was great. Got some video of that I need to upload to YouTube. Only thing I regret is that I didn't get a shot of Mego Tarzan complete with his flesh colored bodysuit. It made a fun event even more enjoyable.

scott metzger
Jun 18, '19, 8:24 AM
A few more pics:

Brue
Jun 18, '19, 11:51 AM
Thanks Brue, Lilly, and Scott/PNGwynne for recruiting me for your group cosplay. It was fun. I'll bring black pants next year. 8)

Thanks for doing it! And I will gladly do a GOON encore if you bring your uniform next year.

Brue
Jun 18, '19, 11:53 AM
I was really impressed by the creativity of the costumes. We didn't just have someone dressed as Isis; we had someone dressed as MEGO Isis, right down to the tiara being painted on. :) It was fantastic seeing the folks dressed up, and the "Batman vs. the Grand Order of Occidental Nighthawks" battle we saw was great. Got some video of that I need to upload to YouTube. Only thing I regret is that I didn't get a shot of Mego Tarzan complete with his flesh colored bodysuit. It made a fun event even more enjoyable.

I was only in the Mego Tarzan suit for 15 or 20 minutes. I would have worn it an hour plus. But I had to race home to get stuff I forgot.

B-Lister
Jun 18, '19, 12:02 PM
I'd have done my X-Men cosplay, but it was just too hot.

pmwasson
Jun 18, '19, 1:14 PM
We may have to have to add a costume contest next year!

Bronxboykev
Jun 18, '19, 2:12 PM
Mego Isis Was Lonnies Daughter, Shame on me for forgetting her name... Lonnie if you read this give her a well deserved shout out!!!

Brue
Jun 18, '19, 3:29 PM
We may have to have to add a costume contest next year!

It is surprising how many people were in costume. I don't think we need a contest. But I would support a contest if it was informal, based on dealer room presence and attendee opinion rather than a sit down separate room thing. Or maybe just a participant award for people dressed up. I have a couple dozen soccer trophies left over from the City Rec Center soccer league.

PNGwynne
Jun 18, '19, 4:44 PM
I"m not very competitive, but I'm particular and I've been mulling upgrading another couple of villains for years. MegoMeet is a fun incentive to do those, though it's time-consuming (and hot).

Hedji
Jun 19, '19, 5:03 PM
Looking good everyone!

danadoll
Jan 29, '20, 12:21 AM
Those costumes are great! I'm hoping to bring one or two this year, when I show up at Mego Meet for the first time...Yay!

Dana