X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megoman2009
    • May 23, 2014

Friday Schedule

Hi,

Sorry for the general post, I'm sure this info is in one of the threads, but I am unable to locate it.

Is the Thursday night dinner invite only?

Is Friday dealers only.

I live close by and would really like to meet and mingle as much as possible.

Thanks,

Brian
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Great name!

You can buy a ticket to the dinner but i don't know if it's sold out or not.

Friday is open to all who pay for the whole weekend (the $25 admission as oppsed to the $10 Saturday only pass).

Mingling is encouraged.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• megoman2009
      • May 23, 2014

Originally posted by palitoy
      Great name!

You can buy a ticket to the dinner but i don't know if it's sold out or not.

Friday is open to all who pay for the whole weekend (the $25 admission as oppsed to the $10 Saturday only pass).

Mingling is encouraged.

Thanks,

Is the schedule posted on the site somewhere? I saw the Saturday lineup. If not, what time does Friday kick off?

B

Comment

• noelani72
        27inaleon
        • Jun 25, 2002

Friday is just a set-up day...some people start early, some people start late, some people arrive late and setup saturday, some people arrive saturday just to setup and tear down lol
        Ballroom is typically available friday morning somewhere around 8-9am and ends around 5pm. Back in the day, we all would just pitch in $5 per head and have pizzas brought in....but now.....now we are of galactus status and its usually 3-4 big groups branching off to do their own group meal.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
          Banned
          • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by noelani72
          Friday is just a set-up day...some people start early, some people start late, some people arrive late and setup saturday, some people arrive saturday just to setup and tear down lol
          Ballroom is typically available friday morning somewhere around 8-9am and ends around 5pm. Back in the day, we all would just pitch in $5 per head and have pizzas brought in....but now.....now we are of galactus status and its usually 3-4 big groups branching off to do their own group meal.
          And some don't finish setting up until Saturday morning Yup, that would be me.

Comment

• B-Lister
            Eccentric Weirdo
            • Mar 19, 2010

I'll be setting up and tearing down on Friday. So if you see anything you like, you better get it! Friday is Mego Meet for me, Saturday is Pride.

I should be in town early, I live near Wheeling so it's only about two hours' drive.
            Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

Welcome megoman2009/Brian!

questions are always encouraged and there is no shortage of folks who want to help you out and point you in the right direction when you arrive. Whether you are looking for certain collectible pieces, are interested in customs, or just wanting to chit chat about all the same kinds of things we discuss here on the forums.

Friday is generally a very casual/informal day. Please try not to be shy! A roomful of strangers can be intimidating (especially if they all seem to know each other), but this is quite literally a crowd of folks who all love the same things you do. Wear your name-tag (which generally includes your online handle) and introduce yourself around.

As a local, you also have an advantage in being able to recommend places to visit or eat to all the out-of-towners. Small groups often make field trips to the local toy collectible/comic stores in the area or go off to sample some of the local cuisine.

After 5, ask folks to point you towards the Mego Suite, which is generally a meeting room where we lounge and snack (feel free to bring something to share, but usually there is plenty). Some bring their customs stuff to work on.
              Last edited by samurainoir; Jun 11, '19, 8:03 AM.
              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• scott metzger
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 9, 2007

This will be my second Meet, and I'm heading all the way to Ohio from Florida because my first one was so great. I've never been to a more friendly, welcoming gathering like this; it's more like a family reunion than a convention. Don't be shy, come in, mingle, and you'll have a blast.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                  Moderation Engineer
                  • Aug 14, 2003

I don't know yet when the hotel will have the room ready on Friday morning. I am going through everything with them tomorrow and then I'll put the word out.

Comment

• megoman2009
                    • May 23, 2014

Thanks!

I have to work Friday at 3p... desperately tried to get out of it, maybe I'll stop by in the early afternoon to see who is there. I'm all in on Saturday. Rivals Christmas morning in the 70's!!!

B

Comment

• megoman2009
                      • May 23, 2014

Preview of goods??? Thanks!!

Comment

• megoman2009
                        • May 23, 2014

What part of Florida?

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

Assuming that's for me. Daytona, where at least twice a year some areas become impassable with race traffic...

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎