X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

SPACCE:1999 CTVT suits for customs.

If I am customizing a Commander Koening & Dr. Helena Russel, Season 1 or 2), which CTVT suits should I buy to modify to look TV authentic. They make them in off-white correct? I don't need them to be Palitoy Toys White Style.

Has anyone ever dissassembled the suits and re-sewn them to add new details to make Commander Koening customs?
  • YANOULI
    Part-Time Timelord
    • Jan 9, 2006

Originally posted by johnmiic
    If I am customizing a Commander Koening & Dr. Helena Russel, Season 1 or 2), which CTVT suits should I buy to modify to look TV authentic. They make them in off-white correct? I don't need them to be Palitoy Toys White Style.

Has anyone ever dissassembled the suits and re-sewn them to add new details to make Commander Koening customs?
    For S1 Koenig, probaly the only outfit you could use would be the Bergman outfit and change the sleeve and add a collar and stripe to the right arm.
    For S2 Koenig you could use the security guard or Verdeschi top and paint the collar and sleeve and add a stripe to the right arm.

For S1 Helena use a Bergman outfit. Take the top in to fit a female body, paint/change the sleeve. For S2 Helena, do what i did and use the sandra outfit and paint the collar and sleeve white.
    Last edited by YANOULI; Jun 13, '08, 9:51 AM.
    " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• censy
      thread killer
      • Sep 26, 2007

nice!

Those are some sweet looking customs!

Chris

Comment

• david_b
        Never had enough toys..
        • May 9, 2008

Superb customs! I'm looking for someone who can shrink/paint a Professor Bergman head for me. I have the Mattel Bergman head, so is that what customizers use or some other figure..? I purchased the Cdr Koenig Mego a few years back and have been buying up some of the new space suited figures lately. Thanks much, David B.
        Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• david_b
          Never had enough toys..
          • May 9, 2008

Hey, another quick question...: I've now got a Paul Morrow in the space suit, and for custom purposes, I'm wondering HOW to take off the white life support pack..?? Do I just apply pressure on the front pack with a straight edge (screwdriver or knife..) to pry the two parts apart or what..?? Just curious ~ I found that Dave Mc does have Victor heads (bless him!), so that's lined up..

I just wanted to do some customizing and will actually be buying more space suit figures for the parts.. Also, as a quick custom, I found using the talking Cyberman weapon makes a cool 'stun rifle' for my 1999 figures.. (Just keep it hid when he comes 'round looking for it..).

Blessings,

david_b

Comment

• johnmiic
            Adrift
            • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by david_b
            Superb customs! I'm looking for someone who can shrink/paint a Professor Bergman head for me. I have the Mattel Bergman head, so is that what customizers use or some other figure..?
            You ndon't like the CTVT Bergman head? That's pretty good too.

Comment

• YANOULI
              Part-Time Timelord
              • Jan 9, 2006

Originally posted by david_b
              I'm wondering HOW to take off the white life support pack..?? Do I just apply pressure on the front pack with a straight edge (screwdriver or knife..) to pry the two parts apart or what..??
              you need to pry one of the top corners open just enough to pull out the strap then you can slide it off the figure. A flat bladed screwdriver is best for doing this.
              " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• david_b
                Never had enough toys..
                • May 9, 2008

Yanouli: Thanks for the hint ~ I try later today.

david_b

Comment

• Action Martin
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by johnmiic
                  which CTVT suits should I buy to modify to look TV authentic. They make them in off-white correct?
                  They have them in tan. Looks like they carry two different tan uniforms.
                  CTVT Space 1999 uniform
                  Scott

Comment

• danadoll
                    Micronaut Nut!
                    • Apr 11, 2005

I took a Sandra outfit and removed the sleeves, collar and yellow stitching and replaced it all with white fabric and thread for my Helena custom. It wasn't easy...I did paint Kano's inaccurate yellow sleeve rust. I made my Y2 Koenig outfit from scratch.

Dana
                    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎