X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Fabric question

Here's one for the seamsters out there. What is the fabric called that is like the stuff used for long johns and what i used for the sweater on my Destroyer custom? Its got enough stretch to it that I could use it in place of spandex and would give my customs more of a retro look.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks
  • QDOGG
    Persistent Member
    • Jan 13, 2007

Hey Joe, traditional longjohns are made from cotton or cotton-polyester blend with box-weave texture. Could not find a trade name for it. The newer stuff that is technically thermal underwear, is made from polypropylene. The most come trade name is Capilene. Don't know if this helps but it is all I could find.

Wayne

Comment

• Dave Mc
      Administrator
      • Oct 20, 2002

Joe, when I made my horse covers, I called spandex house and asked for something closer to a t-shirt material that wasn't ribbed. they called it a cotton stretch and it is much closer to 70's mego material than regular spandex. It has nice stretch as well, just not as much as regular spandex.

Comment

• spiderrogue
        new mego-er
        • Feb 3, 2008

hey joe..you know that black fabric that i have...??
        the cotton/spandex/polyester blend...or whatever it is....yea....pretty close to the mego suit that i got...really close...

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

I actually found it at Joanns today. Its just called thermal. It looks just like longjohns. I got grey, if that gives you guys any clue what I'm working towards. DMC, I have some of the cotton spandex, great stuff too.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• BlackKnight
            The DarkSide Customizer
            • Apr 16, 2005

Thats cool that Joans Sell's the Thermal Material,.. Neat Stuff. I bet your Making Batman.

... the 479th rendition that is.
            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Hmmm, maybe I am. You'll see soon.

Comment

• Dave Mc
                Administrator
                • Oct 20, 2002

Doh! Wasn't thinking "thermal" even though you mentioned longjohns.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎