X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Action Martin
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 30, 2007

Doc Megos Repros

In the past month I've made two orders from Doc Mego and have been very pleased with the items and the shipping. I have a couple of questions about Doc's catalogue. I sent him an e-mail with my questions but I haven't heard back. I realize that he's probably busy with the EMCE figures, his own store orders, getting ready for MegoMeet, and real life so I thought I would post them here to see if any of his other customers can answer them.

Are the heads for Runner, Ringman, and Hack Geneman painted? Are they resin? Do they fit in Dr. Mego bodies or will I have to shave/cut them?

On page 2 of Doc's catalogue there is a listing for Ape Sergeant head, does anyone know what it looks like? Picture?

On page 3 there is a picture of a purple/green costume that the greatest criminal mind of the 20th century would wear but I can't seem to locate it or a price in the catalogue, does Doc actually sell that costume?
    Last edited by Action Martin; May 10, '08, 8:04 AM.
    Scott
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

1st Rule of Marvel & DC Stuff,... "No One Talks about Marvel & DC Stuff ."

... Heads are Resin,.. & you paint them.
    Last edited by BlackKnight; May 9, '08, 6:04 PM.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• kept back
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 2, 2002

2nd rule of Marvel & DC stuff is "You DO NOT TALK about MARVEL & DC STUFF!"

Ape Sergeant head is I believe an AHI ape. But I could be wrong about that.

I think the LL costume was one the top half of one of Doc's purple body suits sewn to the bottom half of one of the green body suits. So, yeah he sells them, just not in one piece anymore.
      Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
        Stuck in a laundry shoot.
        • Oct 8, 2007

The first two rules are why you won't see any of it listed as such on his website. That does not mean that what you are after isn't necessairly available, as you can see in the literature you mentioned. Be patient and wait for the email from him. He will get back to you. He totally just took care of me on a short order and cranked it out like the pro he is. By the way doc, thanks again.
        "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• Action Martin
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 30, 2007

Apologies all around. I didn't think I had to worry about Marvel and DC spies looking to take down Doc but I guess you never know.
          Scott

Comment

• kept back
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 2, 2002

Originally posted by Action Martin
            Apologies all around. I didn't think I had to worry about Marvel and DC spies looking to take down Doc but I guess you never know.
            About a year or two ago, Doc and several other part vendors received Cease and Desist(C&D) letters from the lawyers of DC and Marvel Comics requesting the removal of any items that were explicitly indicative of their characters. A Mego reproduction blue boot is ok, a "Batman" boot is not.
            Last edited by kept back; May 10, '08, 8:50 AM.
            Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• Mr Havoc
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 27, 2008

yes you got to play your cards close. don't want the master getting in trouble. LOL If Doc only knew how much he was appreciated on here. Thanks so much Paul!!!!!!

Comment

• Bionic Joe
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 10, 2006

As a genral rule the heads priced a $5 are painted and made of rubber while the heads priced at$10 are unpainted and made of resin

Comment

• drakghoulie
                  • Feb 20, 2008

For two companies that have been really disappointing me since about 86 (you know who I mean) to be so retentive about something that just generates interest in their properties is beyond me. It's not like their producing the items we need. The world was always strange, but it's gotten so petty. Do they think if we can get a re pro belt or boots or head we're not going to buy their new figure? If we're not going to buy their new figure it's something we just weren't gonna buy any way. if we were, we will. I don't know? great gorn by the way, the tv show gorn was a little less hulky any way. Did I see the recorder in the pic? drakghoulie

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎