PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to MM 2019

Bronxboykev
Jan 14, '19, 10:54 AM
WHAT'S UP YA'LL!!! Depending on what day you intend to Arrive (for us Thursday the 13th), MEGO MEET 2019 is exactly 150 days Away!!! The Bronx is Stoked and can not wait to Book, We think this will be THE BIGGEST MEET YET!!! Who else is Psyched!!!

1st EDIT!!! Since the original post we have knocked another 30 days off the countdown!!! T-Minus 120 days and counting!!!
2nd EDIT!!! Update!!! We have knocked another month off the Calendar!!! 91 days till Mego Meet!!!
3rd EDIT!!! UPDATE!!! We have knocked another month off the Calendar!!! 58 days till Mego Meet!!!
4th EDIT!!! UPDATE!!! We have knocked another month off the Calendar!!! 31 days till Mego Meet!!! S#!T IS GETTING REAL!!!
5th EDIT!!! UPDATE!!! We have knocked a half a month off the Calendar!!! 14 days till Mego Meet!!!OHHH MYYY!!!

6TH AND FINAL EDIT!!! Mego Meet we are upon you!!! T MINUS 1 DAY AND COUNTING!!!

noelani72
Jan 14, '19, 3:00 PM
It’s only January and I’ve already started on an auction item!

justzeg18
Jan 15, '19, 1:05 AM
Totally looking forward to it.

megojim
Jan 15, '19, 5:58 PM
I'm officially in, booked hotel and flight just now . . . . . now what should Jimmy bring?

Brue
Jan 15, '19, 6:51 PM
I'm officially in, booked hotel and flight just now . . . . . now what should Jimmy bring?

did you book at the mego meet hotel? is registration open for group discount?

.....bring money. buy my crap.

PNGwynne
Jan 15, '19, 6:54 PM
What hotel? Jeez I'm out of the loop.

megojim
Jan 15, '19, 7:38 PM
Well I hope I booked the right hotel, it says Courtyard Marriott on Westbelt. I had points to use so group rate doesn’t apply.

Bronxboykev
Jan 16, '19, 10:42 AM
That's the Right Hotel... The block has not been put up yet but you probably get a better deal using your points.

Well I hope I booked the right hotel, it says Courtyard Marriott on Westbelt. I had points to use so group rate doesn’t apply.

megojim
Jan 16, '19, 11:14 AM
Yes, free is always better :)

VintageMike
Jan 16, '19, 6:46 PM
As soon as the new year came, I put my vacation days in. Looking forward to it, but the same time hoping I can save enough with WresteMania is my area this year only a few months before the Meet. Yes, I managed to do it before in 2013, but that was in the WV days when pickings had gotton a bit dry and I hadn't moved into the four figure area of purchases. Also want to book a flight ASAP as I would rather not take any more chances driving as I've now had two incidents (One in 2016 going to Chicago and last year). All that said, even with heaviest "big event" year to date, this wil surely be the highlight of my year as it always is.

MEGOMAN
Jan 17, '19, 11:13 PM
Is the 13th a set-up day for the meet????

Bronxboykev
Jan 17, '19, 11:24 PM
No the Thursday is the day before set up... Friday the 14 is the Official Kick off but some of us get in a day early to rest up from the travel

Is the 13th a set-up day for the meet????

MEGOMAN
Jan 17, '19, 11:44 PM
No the Thursday is the day before set up... Friday the 14 is the Official Kick off but some of us get in a day early to rest up from the travel

Gotcha! I'd really like to go this year. I am going to try and make it!

megowgsh
Jan 19, '19, 3:23 PM

The 13th is the Customego Hall of Fame dinner at 7PM. A nice way to unwind after a long day of travel. The 14th is the official set-up day. The 15th is the actual Mego Meet. And, the 16th is get the heck out of Dodge day. ;)

WannabeMego
Jan 20, '19, 6:21 PM
I'm officially in, booked hotel and flight just now . . .

This is AWESOME News :)

justzeg18
Feb 6, '19, 5:38 PM
Boom.
Officially registered and booked.

EMCE Hammer
Feb 6, '19, 8:18 PM
Hey everyone - REGISTRATION IS NOT OPEN YET!!!!!!!! I am still working on the verbiage and the Paypal buttons. I have refunded everyone who sent money. The way it's coming in I can't track it properly or in some cases figure out what is even being purchased. When it's ready, there will be an announcement. Unfortunately I can't cut and paste from last year, it all has to be redone on the Paypal side and it's a pain in the ***. I'm hoping it will be done sometime tomorrow, but until I say it's ready assume it isn't.

megocrazy
Feb 25, '19, 3:54 PM
Got a flight, so I guess I'm there.

ScottA
Feb 25, '19, 11:45 PM

Sweet.

WannabeMego
Mar 2, '19, 8:56 AM

...and even MORE Awesome News!!!

Hopin' to see some more comebacks...Ron (Stabilo)...if you're out there lurking :)

Earth 2 Chris
Mar 6, '19, 7:52 AM
Planning on bringing the family with me again and staying the weekend. Plans are firming up, and bookings are being planned!

Chris

Random Axe
Mar 6, '19, 10:10 AM
Planning on bringing the family with me again and staying the weekend. Plans are firming up, and bookings are being planned!

Chris

Fantastic! This is going to be a blast. Three and a half months to go...

Bronxboykev
Mar 14, '19, 12:28 PM
Update!!! we have knocked another month off the Calendar!!! 91 days till Mego Meet!!!

Bronxboykev
Apr 16, '19, 9:48 AM
UPDATE!!! We have knocked another month off the Calendar!!! 58 days till Mego Meet!!!

VintageMike
Apr 20, '19, 10:47 AM
Finally booked my flight and car and still thankfully low rates. The only question at this point is where my budget will be at this year. With WrestleMania and it's associated events in my backyard this year on my birthday weekend, it took a bite out of my finances. Still, a couple of months to go and it will be quiet on the event front for a while, so I'm going to give it my best shot! Wouldn't be quite without some kind if big acquisition but I might have to live with that this year.

megojim
Apr 25, '19, 10:26 PM
is there a MM 2019 logo?

EMCE Hammer
Apr 26, '19, 4:27 AM
is there a MM 2019 logo?

Bask in my talent Jim

http://www.megomuseum.com/megomeetmain/2019.jpg

megojim
Apr 26, '19, 5:53 AM
You’re gonna given Robyn a run for her money sir, said no one ever ...... thanks just the same.
When you have some free time, can you give me a shout? 682.808.1980

EMCE Hammer
Apr 26, '19, 6:34 AM
You’re gonna given Robyn a run for her money sir, said no one ever ...... thanks just the same.
When you have some free time, can you give me a shout? 682.808.1980

It's a dumb, sad story Jim but I have adopted a firm policy of not talking on the phone to USA toy collectors. For you, however, I will make an exception:-)

And I'm glad you dig my logo. I am thinking about going pro.

Mego Milk
May 3, '19, 2:53 PM
Aymmlogo!

LonnieFisher
May 5, '19, 4:01 PM
It should say 2019 in there somewhere..

http://www.megomuseum.com/megomeetmain/2019.jpg

Bronxboykev
May 13, '19, 9:53 AM
UPDATE!!! We have knocked another month off the Calendar!!! 31 days till Mego Meet!!! S#!T IS GETTING REAL!!!

Bronxboykev
May 30, '19, 9:02 AM
Counting down the days now, officially 2 weeks away

5th EDIT!!! UPDATE!!! We have knocked a half a month off the Calendar!!! 14 days till Mego Meet!!!OHHH MYYY!!!

Random Axe
May 30, '19, 9:31 AM
Two weeks from this very moment I'll be on the road to Columbus getting into town around 1PM and maybe I'll hit Big Fun before checking in since rooms will not likely be ready.

LonnieFisher
Jun 8, '19, 8:51 PM
It's getting so close...

Earth 2 Chris
Jun 9, '19, 7:04 PM
So what's the schedule for the Meet? Bringing 3/4ths of the family (the boy just got a job at the Golden Arches), and we're coming in Friday around noonish. Planning to go to the Lego Playplace, and then it's Mego time.

A few questions:

What time does the room open Friday night?

Is there a group dinner Friday night? Saturday night?

What time does the show start on Saturday?

If this is posted elsewhere, I apologize. I've honestly been so swamped at work I haven't been as engaged around here as I usually am.

Chris

EMCE Hammer
Jun 9, '19, 8:28 PM
So what's the schedule for the Meet? Bringing 3/4ths of the family (the boy just got a job at the Golden Arches), and we're coming in Friday around noonish. Planning to go to the Lego Playplace, and then it's Mego time.

A few questions:

What time does the room open Friday night?

Is there a group dinner Friday night? Saturday night?

What time does the show start on Saturday?

If this is posted elsewhere, I apologize. I've honestly been so swamped at work I haven't been as engaged around here as I usually am.

Chris

You mean the Mego Suite? Probably around 6pm ish
No dinners Friday or Saturday night
Doors open at 8am on Saturday

With any luck I will have a schedule of events for Saturday posted tomorrow.

Earth 2 Chris
Jun 9, '19, 8:48 PM
Oh, there isn't a "preview night" on Friday?

Keep in mind I haven't done a whole weekend since Wheeling, so I'm a bit behind the times. :wink_y:

Chris

Brue
Jun 9, '19, 9:31 PM
Oh, there isn't a "preview night" on Friday?

Keep in mind I haven't done a whole weekend since Wheeling, so I'm a bit behind the times. :wink_y:

Chris

Yes! Basically Mego meet begins Friday late afternnoon.

-bonus: this year the custom mego hall of fame dinner is thursday

Earth 2 Chris
Jun 10, '19, 6:53 AM
Yes! Basically Mego meet begins Friday late afternnoon.

-bonus: this year the custom mego hall of fame dinner is thursday

So...there IS a preview night? As in the actual Mego Meet showroom/convention room is open?

I was aware of the Custom Mego Hall of Fame event, but am not arriving until Friday, so unfortunately I can't make that one.

Chris

Bronxboykev
Jun 10, '19, 8:22 AM
So...there IS a preview night? As in the actual Mego Meet showroom/convention room is open?

I was aware of the Custom Mego Hall of Fame event, but am not arriving until Friday, so unfortunately I can't make that one.

Chris

The dealer room opens Friday as soon as Steve finishes setting up, I call it the Early bird, there is wheeling and dealing going on, the $25 admission covers people fr both days but you would have to reach out the Steve EMCEHAMMER to see if there is a Friday price to get in I am sure there is a rate for people who can only make it 1 day and not both.

scott metzger
Jun 11, '19, 7:19 AM
So, from another post, there will be a Mego suite set up again to hang out, mingle and maybe work on some stuff? Came unprepared last year, but plan to bring a couple figures to work on this time.

justzeg18
Jun 11, '19, 8:37 PM
Still trying to decide if itd be worth paying for another night stay somewhere to come into town on Thursday and wander around hitting thrifts/antiques.

EMCE Hammer
Jun 11, '19, 9:32 PM
So, from another post, there will be a Mego suite set up again to hang out, mingle and maybe work on some stuff? Came unprepared last year, but plan to bring a couple figures to work on this time.

yep - there's always a mego suite somewhere. One year it was my room:-) This year is same place as last year. I'll be in and out of it early Friday as it doubles as headquarters. At some point after all the Mego Meet stuff is out it will transition to Mego Suite.

WannabeMego
Jun 11, '19, 11:21 PM
Are we occupying those rooms near the Suite this year?

Bronxboykev
Jun 12, '19, 9:43 AM
6TH AND FINAL EDIT!!! Mego Meet we are upon you!!! T MINUS 1 DAY AND COUNTING!!!