Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • movie-fan
    • Jan 2, 2008

Lab Table 1 for Dida Monster display

Found some electrical looking equipment on the net that looks fitting for my monster lab. I painted them up and made a lab table to hold 2 of the pieces. My shelf is filled with bat blood, mummy dust, coffin syrup, brain broth, and eye of newt. There is a lab table 2 in the works.

• jayihdz
    aaaggghhhh!
    • Mar 6, 2007

They look nice....cant wait to see the whole setup...

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
      Stuck in a laundry shoot.
      • Oct 8, 2007

Those are cool. I love props and extras in diplays. The details really make it happen. Look forward to seeing the whole thing. Should look sweet in the Dida lab.
      "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• megoscott
        Founding Partner
        • Nov 17, 2006

Oh those look great! Shoot me a PM, you might want me to remove the lab table and or electric charger from the wall illustration?

This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Man, those are cool. What are they from?
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• sauce
            Removed
            • Jun 24, 2007

just terrific!

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
              Mighty Man/Monster Maker
              • Aug 14, 2007

Those are really cool. I've been noodling with a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde diorama for (well, forever) neat stuff!

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
              https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• Meule
                Verbose Member
                • Nov 14, 2004

Those are cool as hell, now I want them too, where did you get them? Can we see a pic with a Mego figure?
                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• movie-fan
                  • Jan 2, 2008

Man, those are cool. What are they from?
                  I got them here:
                  Monsters On The Shelf !!

The figures on the site are 12" but if you look at the lab equipment they look very small compared to a 12" figure. I think they look much better with 8".

Franky's head is slightly taller than the table and he can easily reach the bottles on the shelf. Also many of the lab pieces they sell are in sections so you can stack or lower them depending on your need. You could also saw a good inch off the tallest piece but I think the scale looks pretty good as is.

I'll take more pictures once I get my Dida display.

Comment

• saildog
                    Permanent Member
                    • Apr 9, 2006

You could also saw a good inch off the tallest piece but I think the scale looks pretty good as is.
                    I'm no expert, but I agree. Looks perfect and those pieces are cool!!!

Comment

• The-Demon
                      • Apr 1, 2008

Hey, that's really cool!

I've been working on my own MEGO, from parts i've had to buy from another site - because my order from the first site is still pending, a month and a half later.

But I am sculpting the head myself.. or at least attempting to. I've done sculpting before, but never on such a very small scale.

I can't wait to post it here, once I get further along.

But your lab is really awesome, and I can't wait to see it further along as well!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎