PDA

View Full Version : We are closer to Mego Meet 2019 than 2018

Brue
Dec 11, '18, 11:47 PM
I will be there with my sidekick. It will be my 15th Mego Meet and her 13th or 14th. The drive from Columbus is not too bad.

I'll drive the Jokermobile there.

I have a costume idea. Lame, but fun. And one or two from the past.

I'll have megos and other crap for sale.

Maybe I'll even buy something.

I will help set up Thursday (I already told Austin I would, so might as well go all in)

MRP
Dec 11, '18, 11:51 PM
I am only a little more than a half hour away from Columbus, but I couldn't make it work last year because of my work schedule, but my wife and I are really hoping to attend this year.

-M

PNGwynne
Dec 12, '18, 12:35 AM
I hope to attend again, it was so much fun.

I don't know if I'll cosplay again--it took up a lot of time, and the character I've considered would be $$$.

Brue
Dec 12, '18, 12:48 AM
I hope to attend again, it was so much fun.

I don't know if I'll cosplay again--it took up a lot of time, and the character I've considered would be $$$.

I would say - just phone it in, but i now you are better than that. so get a ben cooper mask and have fun with it. Or come dressed as one of penguins goons,

Brue
Dec 12, '18, 12:49 AM
I am only a little more than a half hour away from Columbus, but I couldn't make it work last year because of my work schedule, but my wife and I are really hoping to attend this year.

-M

well consider this your notice to request the day off six months from now

toothaction
Dec 12, '18, 10:09 AM
I'm sure the information is out there somewhere already, but would someone mind pointing me to who I should contact about trying to get a table? I have a friend a couple of states over that's interested and he's enlisted me to be his helper monkey.

EMCE Hammer
Dec 12, '18, 2:07 PM
I'm sure the information is out there somewhere already, but would someone mind pointing me to who I should contact about trying to get a table? I have a friend a couple of states over that's interested and he's enlisted me to be his helper monkey.

Registration will open in January - no linkie yet.

palitoy
Dec 12, '18, 2:08 PM
I'm getting a lot of hotel interest too.

PNGwynne
Dec 12, '18, 7:05 PM
I would say - just phone it in, but i now you are better than that. so get a ben cooper mask and have fun with it. Or come dressed as one of penguins goons,

That's good advice! And no, I can't phone it in. But then again, I would never have thought of something as clever as Mego Joker as opposed to another version.

Mego Milk
Dec 12, '18, 11:18 PM
mego meet.

I will be there.

aw yeah.

jimbutsu
Dec 12, '18, 11:51 PM

Are you talking about the meet, or just people looking to get with you after seeing the old pic of you in the AJ suit?

noelani72
Dec 13, '18, 7:18 AM
I've been ready for months now...bring it on.

palitoy
Dec 13, '18, 7:49 AM
Are you talking about the meet, or just people looking to get with you after seeing the old pic of you in the AJ suit?

What I do in my AJ costume is between me and those Japanese businessmen.

jimbutsu
Dec 13, '18, 11:28 AM
What I do in my AJ costume is between me and those Japanese businessmen.

Usually I lament the fact that my near-fluency in Japanese has lapsed into marginal competence over the years, but I have never celebrated that fact like I am right now...

B-Lister
Dec 13, '18, 7:17 PM
Columbus Pride is the same weekend as the meet. Since I'll be in town anyway, I'll be there. I probably won't have a table, but I'll have plenty of stuff for trading, if permitted.

hedrap
Dec 13, '18, 9:12 PM

Embassy in Dublin is the best.

Or look at the ones by Easton since that provides proximity and access to alot.

Avoid Drury Inn. Bleh.

Brue
Dec 13, '18, 10:31 PM
Columbus Pride is the same weekend as the meet. Since I'll be in town anyway, I'll be there. I probably won't have a table, but I'll have plenty of stuff for trading, if permitted.

I have lots of friends here in Columbus that will be at the Pride parade and activities. But I will be at Mego Meet all weekend.

Trading is definitely permitted. My first Mego Meet I brought a small box of stuff to trade with no success, but if you have the right items...

A table is cheap and a home base. Well worth getting one.

Brue
Dec 13, '18, 10:33 PM
Embassy in Dublin is the best.

Or look at the ones by Easton since that provides proximity and access to alot.

Avoid Drury Inn. Bleh.

I believe we are going to the same hotel as last year. -Though people certainly can stay anywhere.

justzeg18
Dec 14, '18, 12:15 AM
For sure looking forward to it.
Curious to see what the new Mego crowd does to the vibe.

Bronxboykev
Dec 14, '18, 12:25 PM
Been Chomping at the Bit... The Bronx is Ready!!!

B-Lister
Dec 14, '18, 5:54 PM
I have lots of friends here in Columbus that will be at the Pride parade and activities. But I will be at Mego Meet all weekend.

Trading is definitely permitted. My first Mego Meet I brought a small box of stuff to trade with no success, but if you have the right items...

A table is cheap and a home base. Well worth getting one.

I've had a table in the past. My main concern is, with my time being divided between two events, I just won't be able to man my table all weekend. I'm not so much concerned with theft. Everybody is solid, moreso, that Iwon't be there to make a deal when someone wants to.

cjefferys
Dec 14, '18, 8:15 PM
Usually I lament the fact that my near-fluency in Japanese has lapsed into marginal competence over the years, but I have never celebrated that fact like I am right now...

You only need one Japanese word to describe what's happening there: sukebe :wink:

jimbutsu
Dec 15, '18, 12:31 AM
You only need one Japanese word to describe what's happening there: sukebe :wink:

Sukebe is too nonspecific... erojiji really tells the story.

cjefferys
Dec 15, '18, 11:03 AM
Gah, I don't want to think of anyone here as an erotic old man. :smiley1:

Random Axe
Dec 16, '18, 8:52 PM
We at RandomNoir are already getting things lined up. Unlike pretty much every year, we are planning to have everything wrapped up in May. I wasn't feeling great last year from multiple issues and didn't spend enough time with my family. This year will be different.

pickermall
Dec 17, '18, 5:31 PM
I'm hoping to be there.. it will be my first one... what is the date? And where is it?

Brue
Dec 17, '18, 10:32 PM
It is in Columbus OH. I think the second weekend of June, but can't remember for sure.

ScottA
Dec 18, '18, 12:05 AM
June 14-15.

argent007
Dec 24, '18, 12:37 PM
Hmmm... looks like a good opportunity to cash in some travel rewards! Has the hotel been announced?

VintageMike
Dec 24, '18, 6:48 PM
Looking forward to it, but it's going to be challenging to save enough this year. I normally start in January and it's the "big" event/vacation on my year. This year, WrestleMania is my state (NJ) and while I've bought the ticket I know I'll need substantial funds for the weekend. Also, have something new in Auguest I'd like to attend. Of course, the #1 thing at MM I look forward to is seeing everyone, but it's always fun to have that special purchase.