X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YANOULI
    Part-Time Timelord
    • Jan 9, 2006

Head enlargement problems

I used some hydrospan 100 to make a head that i want to enlarge. It came out of the mould fine and the only thing i would have to fix was the tip of the nose and the bubble in the chin.

According to the tutorial, when you demould the head after letting it cure for 24 hours it should be a brownish colour and fairly hard but mine was a light Jade green and slightly squishy.

I thought this was odd but decided to put it in some water anyway and although the head is enlarging, it is flaking apart.

Any suggestions what might have caused this?

The H100 was new and unsealed until i did this head.
    " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "
  • Customslab

sounds like it was mixed wrong as far as 100% to 50% the only time i have had a problem was when i let a head sit out of the water to long make sure your useing a scale when mixing for the best out come, if non of this is your problem try calling them and asking why its doing this they can tell you right off ...was the stuff stored in the house? or outside

Comment

• YANOULI
      Part-Time Timelord
      • Jan 9, 2006

it's been stored inside.

As for the mixing ratio, the plastic cups i use are graduated and i mark the level with a ball point pen to make surethey are the same.

The Hydrospan head is flaking apart in the water.
      It looks like your fingers and toes when you've been in the bath or pool to long.

Comment

• Customslab

it didn't stay in the water long enuff if it like that but you need a scale works better by wt.

Comment

• YANOULI
          Part-Time Timelord
          • Jan 9, 2006

I think when i made the first lot of Hydrospan, there must have been a lot of moisture in the air, it was a light green when i was mixing it in the cup prior to pouring it into the mould.

I've just mixed up another batch and this time it was brownish in colour. I will just have to see how it is when i come to demould the head tomorrow night.

Comment

• YANOULI
            Part-Time Timelord
            • Jan 9, 2006

Originally posted by Customslab
            it didn't stay in the water long enuff if it like that but you need a scale works better by wt.

It started going like that after a few minutes of putting it in the water.

Comment

• Customslab

yea some will do that keep it in the water hey what do you have to loose

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎