X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

Removable mask Wildcat

THis was always one of my favorite characters in comics as a child with Brave and BOld and All-Star Squadron. I suppose this figure will remain with mask removed cause I think it shrunk during the curing phase. It doesn't fit on this guy's huge noggin. I'll have to either make another one, find a mask to fit or scrap the head entirely and buy a complete Wildcat head and then use this head for someone else.

It's amazing that sometimes the most simple of charcters prove to be a challenge. Since he's a boxer, I wanted oversized hands. He's also been shown with foot claws before, so I thought I'd give that a shot too.

Overall with the problems I had dying the suit and the mask not fitting to my first attempt sculting anything this afternoon with sculpey, I guess this is alright. I'm not happy with this except maybe the head. Perhaps someone can suggest a few things to improve/salvage this figure. I've only put a couple of hours into this, so maybe there is quite a bit more that can be done...

Scott
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

I like the Direction you were headed with the Figure Scott. The Hands look very cool,.. & the Claw effect on the feet looks real Neat. The Mask looks great for the 1st time sculpting ! Too Bad it didn't fit your figure correctly. Love the Head you used for your figure as well...

Dying Doc Mego Suits or Classic tv Toys suits,.. don't always work out to great. Sometimes it takes a very long time,.. or sometimes the material just wont hold the dye. My only advice is,.. is to learn to sew.

All in all,.. I think your figure looks great,.. & Like the direction you were going with him.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
      MeGoing
      • May 14, 2003

Hey I like him so far, love the claws on his boots.

Comment

• Cosmicman
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 12, 2005

Not trying to plug my crap customs but Starbuk has a neat silicon mask he made that looks pretty smooth on my daughter's Wildcat. It slides off and on like nothing.
        More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Yep, Buk definitely has a killer Wildcat mask. And lots of others too by the way
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• brineb
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 26, 2006

I really like the way you did the hands and feet, too bad the mask was an issue, still looks cool though!!!
            I also play with other dolls:
            http://brineb.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎