X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SUP-Ronin
    Stuck in a laundry shoot.
    • Oct 8, 2007

Who does Custom Knights/ape Horses???

Does anybody out there do horse blankets for the Knights line? And what horses do they fit?? I have seen some different ones in peoples collections that really look super sharp. Hector and Dave MC I think.

Also, what size and brand horses are a good fit for megos? I could use some for my apes and knights. I am assuming the Breyer line, but they come in different sizes and I don't know anything about Breyer. Thank you.
    "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by MegoRonin
    Does anybody out there do horse blankets for the Knights line? And what horses do they fit?
    I know DaveMc used to make horse blankets for his jousting horses, but you'd probably have to contact him directly to see if he still makes them at all... I know they were made to fit the MEGO horses (Action Stallion, Shadow, Wild Mustang, etc.) but I'd guess they could have fit on some of the BREYER horses too...

Originally posted by MegoRonin
    Also, what size and brand horses are a good fit for megos? I could use some for my apes and knights. I am assuming the Breyer line, but they come in different sizes and I don't know anything about Breyer.
    BREYER seems to be the standard if you can't find/don't have any of the MEGO horses.... BREYERs are pretty easy to find, but some can be expensive depending on the age. But, the worst problem you'll face with any MEGO scale horse is the lack of saddles/bridles, etc.

BREYER does make tack for their horses, but it is expensive even if you can find it used. MEGO horses are hard to find complete too, and there's currently no reproduction tack out there for them other than Buk's silcone saddles (no bridles though.)

Comment

• megoscott
      Founding Partner
      • Nov 17, 2006

I have one of Dave's horse covers, they are fantastic.
      This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• Dave Mc
        Administrator
        • Oct 20, 2002

I printed up jousting horse covers for all five knights a while back. I'm not sure what all I have left. I know I probably have at least one extra of three of them, but I don't think I have a full set of five anymore.

Mine were designed to fit the Mego action stallion.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎