X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeedox
    Career Member
    • Aug 10, 2007

Superman

I'm clumsy with my phone later so I will post pictures if someone doesn't get to it already. I have been visiting here for a long time, I have a huge collection of not only Mego fun but I have been along for the ride since Classic TV toys were making stuff the first time around. I was always disappointed the Space 1999 didn't seem a bit more refine.

Anyhow I have to say the new Megos Superman is the first figure that actually looks feels and is cherished to the level of a classic figure to me. It really is spot on. I think it is extra fun since all the modernizing of Superman that never quite works.

Oh, the minor issue isn't with the figure, like I said it really is wonderful and a return to many moments I am sure we all had we all know Superman was and is the leader of all the super heroes hehe.

So the issue is with the box art. Why say CLASSIC SUPERMAN and then put NEW 52 SUPERMAN on the box??

Anyhow is there any chance I can not ask for the new Batman head and we will get a blue one?
  • zeedox
    Career Member
    • Aug 10, 2007

IMG_7461.jpgIMG_7460.jpg
    Originally posted by zeedox
    I'm clumsy with my phone later so I will post pictures if someone doesn't get to it already. I have been visiting here for a long time, I have a huge collection of not only Mego fun but I have been along for the ride since Classic TV toys were making stuff the first time around. I was always disappointed the Space 1999 didn't seem a bit more refine.

Anyhow I have to say the new Megos Superman is the first figure that actually looks feels and is cherished to the level of a classic figure to me. It really is spot on. I think it is extra fun since all the modernizing of Superman that never quite works.

Oh, the minor issue isn't with the figure, like I said it really is wonderful and a return to many moments I am sure we all had we all know Superman was and is the leader of all the super heroes hehe.

So the issue is with the box art. Why say CLASSIC SUPERMAN and then put NEW 52 SUPERMAN on the box??

Anyhow is there any chance I can not ask for the new Batman head and we will get a blue one?

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I agree, I think Superman is terrific.

How is the belt attached? Is it a vinyl band?
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• zeedox
        Career Member
        • Aug 10, 2007

yup just like the originals

Comment

• pickermall
          • Aug 12, 2018

I was wondering too... why put New 52 versions of Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, etc on the boxes when Batman is supposed to be "Golden Age" or "Year One" (I have seen it described as both) and Superman and GL are clearly Silver/Bronze Age? Maybe DC required this?

But Superman really evokes the Jose Luis Garcia Lopez look to me... so classic and majestic and dynamic all at the same time...

Comment

• DC_Guy
            Museum Super Collector
            • Sep 18, 2008

Especially since not even DC is using the "New 52" versions of Superman and Batman any more...

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Superman 14" is a very nice figure, I'm even tempted to get it myself and I don't collect the big sizes.

But my only complaint about this figure is that the neck is to high up, I think it should be a little shorter, unfortunately
              it shows on Superman because there's no clothing covering the neck, unlike Batman and Green Lantern.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎