X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

14" Green Lantern pics

Another winner from new Mego. I'm getting the Mego Meets Super Powers Vibe off of this one even stronger than Superman. The body on mine isn't as tight as Superman, and the box was a bit distressed (the window was pulling loose). But the only other GL had a big paint scuff on his nose, so I went with this one.

Bravo for Mego Corp for realizing GL NEEDS a fist, and that all important Power Ring sculpted on. You can get some nice dynamic classic poses with this figure.

That's some nice detail there!

Our own Crimson Ghost, Andy Covalt does it again, distilling the essence of Hal Jordan into a sculpt that evokes Neal Adams, Mike Grell, and Jose Luis Garcia Lopez (Praise Be His Name). I like this sculpt better than any Hal Jordan I own, hands down. Better than DC Direct's 13" version from a decade ago, and that one is REALLY nice (and much pricier).

I love the feathered hair. This is the Bronze Age Hal for sure. Hitting that sweet spot for most of us old men and women.
    Mine does have a little paint slop, but hey, it happens.

The Power Battery is a pretty deluxe accessory, and they certainly didn't skimp on detail here either. Look at the GL Corps symbol up top!

This trio of figures is truly impressive. At this price point, it's almost hard to believe. Now, I will say I wish GL had hard plastic gauntlet cuffs like Batgirl, because they do want to ride up. I pulled mine down as much as I could, and it mostly works. Or maybe if the forearm were white? But that's a minor nit. We finally have an OFFICIAL Mego Green Lantern, and he's pretty awesome.

Chris
    sigpic
  • Mary Canary
    Career Member
    • Jun 21, 2017

Great review.

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

Can't wait for mine to arrive form Target.com. Love the review.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 28, 2013

That is a great looking Hal Jordan/ Green Lantern figure. I'd say it was perfect.

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

I thought it was interesting that Mego went with material gauntlets instead of plastic pull overs, like Batman and Batgirl. Maybe the plastic gauntlets was a design choice because of the spikes on the Bat-Family gloves.

It's a very nice figure though! Thanks for the pics & review.

Comment

• generic
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 25, 2009

Nice photos! Thanks for posting these.
            Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

GL really looks nice, they did a very good job on him, thanks for the pics.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎