X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

What are you collecting?

Are you collecting all the new figures? Just the eight inch figures? Only the fourteen inch DC heroes and villains? Just certain individual figures? Star Trek only?

Personally, I've been getting eight inch figures with low numbers, no numbers, no stickers, wrong packages, wrong figure, upsidedown packages, paint app. error, missing Trek emblems, and at least one of every figure in regular package.
    I've kinda gone overboard a little bit, but it's been fun.
  • Joshua the Atomic Robot
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 14, 2012

For me, it's all the genre stuff, like Star Trek, monsters, and comic book characters, and the occasional other figure if it strikes my fancy when I'm in the store. I'm trying to resist the urge to just buy every single one, because I'm not made of money. If Target marks them down to an even lower clearance price I'll probably pick them up, though.

The one exception is the Full House box set. That will NEVER darken my doorway. I hate that show so much! It's an ABOMINATION!

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

I mostly collect super heroes, so I am buying the 14"ers that I like (I skipped Harley Quinn).

I have most of the EMCE Star Trek figures, so I will grab any new ones, variants and a few repeats, like The Gorn (I skipped Mirror, Mirror figures from both EMCE and Mego).

I will probably buy the rest of the Monsters, since I already have Dracula.

Some childhood favorites have drawn my interest, so I picked up I Dream of Jeannie and will grab the Bewitched figures too.

I will grab a few random items, like Wizard of Oz, AJ and Jimi Hendrix

And then others more for customs, like selected Charmed and Charlie's Angels figures.

I loved Cheers, The Brady Bunch and Facts of Life, but none enough to buy the figures just for the properties. If they hit deep clearance though, I may revisit these, but for customs.

Comment

• tllgn
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 6, 2010

well lonnie ,i collected all the "8' figures
        low numbers are cool ,but i dont really care to much ,if i see one id rather get that low one instead ,as for errors ,their interesting ,if i see one thats something cool i may get it ,but primarily just the
        figures for the set ,and a loose set ,i did get a 3rd action jackson and hendrix for wall art,a 3rd kelly for a trek chick and a 3rd peg for the ftc figure fixed up with an emce body with pegs outfit ,she looks
        good although the ftc heads a little big but it does look like katey ( peggy bundy) completed,and a 3rd sulu and chekov cause they were now 12.99 .looking foeward to 2nd wave .

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 15, 2010

So far of the released/announced/known figures, the new Megos I want are Star Trek Gorn, Romulan; Wizard of Oz; Bewitched Samantha, Endora; and Barry from Brady Bunch. I think it's unfortunate Mego began with Sulu and Chekov (my least favorite characters on Star Trek). Look forward to many more Star Trek figures.

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• Psykodelik Vampyre
            Museum Patron
            • Jan 22, 2018

I am only collecting the ones that really interest me, Monsters, Trek, Hendrix, and the superhero figures that look good to me.
            (I got the Batman figure after I saw the post here on how to minimize the giraffe neck look)

Wave 2 looks to be really interesting, the DC 14” figures look a lot better so definitely Green Lantern, Superman, Poison Ivy are in my sights, along with the 8” Frankenstein, any Star Trek figures, and The Wizard Of Oz stuff as well...
            https://www.reverbnation.com/psykodelikvampyres

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Trek, Monsters, some music icons, 14" DC.

I pick and choose the TV Favorites.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• cockyhoskins
                Career Member
                • Jan 13, 2009

I'll collect the Monsters, Trek and Music icons. The rest I'll just pick and choose what I like.

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

I am collecting the 14 inch DC figures and whatever interests me among the 8 inch figures, plus picking up 8 inch figures as custom fodder for my Dragonlance project (and possibly others down the road). So far what I got among the 8 inchers to keep as is are Trek, Jimi and Drac. I picked up AJ, Peg Bundy, Kelly Garrett, Piper and the Jeannie set to most likely use in the custom projects.

For wave 2, I am looking at getting all four 14 inch DC figures, the Trek figures and Franky to keep, and possibly some others for custom fodder (most likely Bewitched and an extra Gorn). I am on the fence about the Oz 2 pack to keep as is. Not a big Kiss fan, so I will skip the music icons this time around, but will pick up others in that line that I like down the road.

-M
                  "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                    Radioactive!
                    • Feb 13, 2010

Trek, Monsters, and 14" Superman

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                      Invincible Ironing Man
                      • Feb 28, 2008

Trek and Monsters, though I'd really love something fresh and new.
                      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

So far, based on what's currently out for Wave 1 & 2 ...just Trek and Happy Days. No 14" figures . I will pick up a Wolfman if they release one...and hopefully The Creature!😀

Dying to find out what the other, as of yet unannounced priorities are coming out? Did Marty say " two or three " more announcement coming in the Fall?
                        sigpic

Comment

• darkbros
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 3, 2012

All in for the monsters in 8" size.
                          14" is a wait and see approach when I see them in person...the 14" Batman gave me pause.
                          The rest I'll pick up here and there when they hit clearance for stock piling parts.....
                          Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                          https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                          "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

My perspective on collecting "no number on stickers" just changed. Now I regret collecting those.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

I pick and choose, but definitely Trek, the monsters, and i really like the idea of the music icons. I wish they had not gone right to KISS for wave 2 as I am not really a KISS fan, but I will pick them up anyway to support the line and hope for something I really like in a future wave. I will also get any AJ stuff just because AJ was the first Mego in 8" and I have a lot of great memories of the toy.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎