• PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I want more Action Jackson!

Hey Mego Corp.! Bring it on:

*Variant figures w/ gear

*Team members: Dinah-Mite, Jet Jungle, and EF's Capt. Eagle

*Dr. Kromedome and Gen. Mamba as foes!

I'm picturing a Megoesque Adventure Team concept, it would be so much fun. The back of the card could include a comic panel/file card.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 8, '18, 10:55 AM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Agreed times 1000.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

OK Andy, we need to lobby for this lol. Hopefully the lack of license fees will tempting.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

I'll get some poster board and sharpies.

I was late to the AJ party. This is my first AJ, aside from a vintage Ski Patrol outfit I couldn't refuse. Seriously, I could go completist on AJ costumes.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Some Action Jackson outfits sold separately for say $9.99 would be cool, and love the Jet Jungle idea,

I was thinking maybe Tarzan? if Marty could get the ERB license, something of a more screen accurate version
          not exactly the original look.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

We're set, then.

Originally posted by Hedji
            Seriously, I could go completist on AJ costumes.
            I have a dozen boxed ones, I'm missing the sports sets. They seem scarcer.
            Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 8, '18, 2:42 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Tjac, ERB has great character possibilities.

Comment

• Makernaut
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 22, 2015

I'm with you fellows on all points, here. Just picked up an AJ at Target this morning and couldn't be happier! Expand the line!! Bring on the compadres, outfits, and gear. This was one of the things I was wishing for when we were all dreaming about what was coming from Mego Corp.

Also, an ERB license for Mego Corp would make me very happy. I like the call for a reimagined Mego Tarzan. How about a John Carter of Mars line, too? Loved that Marvel comic as a kid and still have a complete run of them. When FTC was doing the REH characters, I was hoping to see an ERB line in the future.

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Parachute, please!

I grew up with a healthy supply of AHI Parachutist Super Heroes. I had the Fisher Price Adventure People parachute. And yet, I've yet to fulfill the dream of tossing an 8 inch Mego with a scaled parachute into the air. Let's fix that.

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

I would love to see Action Jackson with a new head sculpt. Something like Nick Fury or Sgt.Rock? Then bring in the WW2 uniforms!! 😀
                    sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      OK Andy, we need to lobby for this lol. Hopefully the lack of license fees will tempting.
                      AJ Mego had to get rights permission from Castaway to do. Eagle Force is dog paddling around somewhere with Zica too.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        AJ Mego had to get rights permission from Castaway to do. Eagle Force is dog paddling around somewhere with Zica too.
                        Yes, I had wondered about Eagle Force because of Zica's kickstarter.
                        Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 8, '18, 5:17 PM.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jun 29, 2018

Heck we should have a zero rights action team ...World Trouble Force. Everything has a *** patch. All the generic heads ...Lancelot...Ivanhoe...Buffalo Bill...AJ and Dinah...the Astronaut...Jumpsuits and Mission gear. Vehicles. All home brew. Our own slogan ...World Trouble Force...When Trouble happens call out ***!

Comment

• monitor_ep
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 11, 2013

Action Jackson/Dinah-Mite expansion

I am stated before that I want more waves of Action Jackson and I want them to include Dyna-Mite in the mix. I would love to see them in the triangle boxes with accessories and different outfit but lets start to use different heads. These two are the best figure that could diversity ethnicity that most lines need.

When I used to resale figures I had customers who would ask if I could carry action figures that looked like there children. I also repainted figures so there kids could play with a figure that looks like them. Mattel has finally started to get that after many years and I think the New Mego could capitalize on it. Just look at the older Action Jackson heads and they were trying to add in hair and skin color to there mix:

Action Jackson variety of heads.jpg

Back in the day I loved the fact that you could just buy the outfits. This enabled you to expand your collection. Think about it, this could be a way to add to the New Mego Star Trek just by offering outfits. With different Action Jackson/Dinah-Mite carded figures all you would need to do is buy a Star Trek outfit to have crew members. This could be a way to add villains to fight Charlie Angles etc.
                            superheroesoutfit.jpg
                            Action Jackson outfits.jpg

Its sounds like a golden ticket that is just waiting to be taken advantage of.
                            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jun 29, 2018

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot at least lol

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢