Sep 5, '18, 10:46 PM
What we know so far:
Starchild
Frankenstein
Dorothy/Wicked Witch
Gorn

LonnieFisher
Sep 5, '18, 10:47 PM
Oh yeah, there will be a 14" Green Lantern.

Jetjungle75
Sep 6, '18, 5:52 AM
Have any pictures been released of "Frankenstein" yet?
Is it likely that Wave 3 will see "The Wolf Man", and Wave 4,"The Mummy"?
I hope so.
Any news on the rest of the second wave?

MIB41
Sep 6, '18, 8:59 AM
Looking forward to the wave two 14 inch DC figures.

SWCWorld
Sep 6, '18, 9:41 AM
What we know so far:
Starchild
Frankenstein
Dorothy/Wicked Witch

We can also conjecture the following for Wave 2 (including yours Lonnie):

8" figures:
Starchild (Kiss)
Frankenstein (Lon Chaney, Jr.)
Facts of Life figure
Happy Days figure
Cheers figure
Married with Children figure
Star Trek - 2 figures (either classic Kirk and Spock or Romulan commander and Gorn)
Brady Bunch figure
Charlie's Angels figure
Charmed figure
Wizard of Oz 2 pack
Another 2 pack (either 2nd Star Trek Mirror Mirror set, Blade Runner, or Bewitched)
One wildcard on a magenta card, as there were 2 magenta carded figures in wave 1, Action Jackson and Dracula. (could be Cowardly Lion)

14" Figures
Green Lantern
Superman (alluded by Paul in SDCC video when commenting on General Zod)
Female figure (either Poison Ivy or Batgirl)
Villain figure (if above is Batgirl...that would be either Lex Luther or Joker)

The way I'm surmising on the 14" figures is that we'll get the 2nd Batman in wave 3 (since we got the first in wave 1). That's why I think we'll see Batgirl with Wave 2 (to have a "Bat" character in each wave), so that would mean Poison Ivy in wave 3, so possibly the Joker in wave 2?

All purely conjecture, but lots of fun to think about it!

LonnieFisher
Sep 6, '18, 10:50 AM
I was just making a thread of what we actually know, not speculation.

SWCWorld
Sep 6, '18, 12:28 PM
Sorry Lonnie; was just adding to the thread. Will not post in your threads again.

LonnieFisher
Sep 6, '18, 1:28 PM
Sorry Lonnie; was just adding to the thread. Will not post in your threads again.

Easily offended? I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I just started this thread to list what is in wave two, not to be speculation. How does that offend you?

LonnieFisher
Sep 6, '18, 1:35 PM
People need to realize they read a post in their own attitude and opinion, not in the inflection it was written. I don't think I was nasty and needed to be chastised for stating the purpose of the thread. I just didn't want it to be another "this is what I think" thread. Just the facts...

thunderbolt
Sep 6, '18, 3:53 PM
Easily offended? I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I just started this thread to list what is in wave two, not to be speculation. How does that offend you?

seems like these days everyone gets offended over the most trivial things. Most of these threads do spiral into speculation thread eventually tho.

Mego Magyar
Sep 6, '18, 4:45 PM
People need to realize they read a post in their own attitude and opinion, not in the inflection it was written. I don't think I was nasty and needed to be chastised for stating the purpose of the thread. I just didn't want it to be another "this is what I think" thread. Just the facts...

I've had this happen on Facebook, I've posted something and it's like people don't really read what you said and post on what they think. I ask what people considered to be a "low number" on a 10000 figure run and it quickly became are lower numbers worth more.

sprytel
Sep 6, '18, 5:24 PM
I've had this happen on Facebook, I've posted something and it's like people don't really read what you said and post on what they think. I ask what people considered to be a "low number" on a 10000 figure run and it quickly became are lower numbers worth more.

Oh low numbers are definitely worth more! Especially for the not yet announced Manimal figure I bet they are making...

j/k

boss
Sep 6, '18, 5:45 PM
It seems like whenever I write something and someone is offended, it’s my fault. When I read something that someone wrote and I’m offended - it’s my fault. Such is life.

Nostalgiabuff
Sep 6, '18, 7:32 PM
well, no offense was meant anywhere in this thread so everyone get over it already, :sarky:

The Bat
Sep 6, '18, 8:16 PM
I'm offended!! 😀😀

EMCE Hammer
Sep 7, '18, 10:18 AM

When it's all said and done I think there will be a lot of truth to SWC's predictions. On the Ambassador FB page Doc said more or less that the cards give some of the upcoming figures away. The Target inventory sleuthing is another tell, although some of that may be subject to change. I wouldn't consider anything 100% certain until it hits the stores. A lot can happen and plans can be altered.

Boshek
Sep 7, '18, 11:08 AM
Even with all the lists and cardback clues, I think we will still get surprised; like new variants of Action Jackson.

noelani72
Sep 7, '18, 4:49 PM
It seems like whenever I write something and someone is offended, it’s my fault. When I read something that someone wrote and I’m offended - it’s my fault. Such is life.

This. Is. The. Story. of. My. Life.

Glad I am not alone.

theSamurai
Sep 7, '18, 5:01 PM

What is "confirmed"?

"Confirmed" seems/can be subjective until it's in your hands.

MEGO may show the image, and then the whole factory burns and takes the figures up in smoke. Or something else happens.

An "employee" may make a statement on what's coming, then in the 12th hour that item gets shut down for some reason, and only a few were produced.

Data, or a list, is found in an inventory system and shows a robust amount of figures with applicable item numbers and assortment info, but no pics.

Who's to say one is more confirmed, or more speculative, than the other? Certainly not me.

YMMV

Best

ZombieJimC
Sep 7, '18, 5:42 PM
My guess
Richie Cunningham, Cliff Clavin, Kris Munroe, Kelly Bundy, Captain Kirk, Bewitched Samantha, Full House 2-pack, and we already know Gorn, Frankenstein, Paul Stanley and WOZ 2-pack. Charmed, Facts and Bradys???

Mary Canary
Sep 8, '18, 3:27 PM
Now that several new items have either been sneak peeked or have snuck into stores - Frankenstein, Poison Ivy, Green Lantern, Gorn, Wizard of Oz (wave 2 is very green so far!), KISS - I hope it won't be long before we get a proper list or preview images for the full second set. I really want to know if there's for sure a 2nd Angel coming out, which one, and what she looks like! And who else will be in the mix from Trek, DC, and perhaps a certain witchy housewife!

VulcansFury
Sep 9, '18, 11:27 PM
(wave 2 is very green so far!), !

Kermit the Frog and Sleestaks CONFIRMED!,,,,just kidding...but I wish.

Remco Monster
Sep 10, '18, 5:56 AM
All in on the single carded wave two so far.

Paul Stanley
Frankenstein
Gorn
Bewitched

Maybe on 14Ē Green Lantern. Passing on 14Ē Poison Ivy (just never been a a fan of the character)

Passing on both two packs. Wizard of Oz is cool, but I donít need repros of the originals. You couldnít pay me to take the Full House set. lol

LonnieFisher
Sep 10, '18, 6:01 AM
Are there pictures of the Full House set?

Brown Bear
Sep 10, '18, 6:34 AM
So far we know ten from wave two.

KISS Ace - I skipped FTC's waves of KISS and I'll skip this too
14" Green Lantern - waiting to see what he looks like and may very well buy this one
14" Poison Ivy - a doll for my daughter
Bewitched - a 2-pack with Dick York I'd buy but alone I'll prob pass
Full House - hard pass
Gorn - I'd jump at this but I already own DST. Same figure
Frankenstein - already own DST, was really hoping for a new figure here

I seem to be alone in this opinion but so far Mego is selling WAY too many "dolls" and not enough "action figures". I want Mego's that will punch each other in the face not brush their hair (insert boxing pot shot here).

Really pulling for a successful relaunch of the Mego brand and will go out of my way to buy some of these for my daughter to play with, but out of the ten wave 2 I've seen, Green Lantern is the only one that's raised my eyebrow thus far. I remain hopeful that the rest of wave 2 will blow my socks off with action figures that'll kick butt!

All the dolls look great with solid packaging as well.

boss
Sep 10, '18, 7:09 AM
^Paul Stanley from KISS, not Ace. ;-)

MIB41
Sep 10, '18, 7:11 AM
So far we know ten from wave two.

KISS Ace - I skipped FTC's waves of KISS and I'll skip this too
14" Green Lantern - waiting to see what he looks like and may very well buy this one
14" Poison Ivy - a doll for my daughter
Bewitched - a 2-pack with Dick York I'd buy but alone I'll prob pass
Full House - hard pass
Gorn - I'd jump at this but I already own DST. Same figure
Frankenstein - already own DST, was really hoping for a new figure here

I seem to be alone in this opinion but so far Mego is selling WAY too many "dolls" and not enough "action figures". I want Mego's that will punch each other in the face not brush their hair (insert boxing pot shot here).

Really pulling for a successful relaunch of the Mego brand and will go out of my way to buy some of these for my daughter to play with, but out of the ten wave 2 I've seen, Green Lantern is the only one that's raised my eyebrow thus far. I remain hopeful that the rest of wave 2 will blow my socks off with action figures that'll kick butt!

All the dolls look great with solid packaging as well.

It will be interesting to see if these stay as one collection of figures when they go into the aisle with other toys. I have a hard time seeing a Full House Twin pack next to Transformers, Power Rangers, and Deadpool. It seems you miss part of your target audience if you throw those on a bottom self mixed in with other licensing that doesn't fit.

Brown Bear
Sep 10, '18, 7:13 AM
I was wondering the same thing Tom. Once Mego leaves the end cap are they heading to the boys aisle with Spiderman, the girls aisle with Barbie or split between? Iím thinking split but who knows.

monitor_ep
Sep 10, '18, 7:31 AM
I will wait till they start to clearance the full house to add to the saloon down the line.

Growing up I only picked up a few of the Oz set to fill in with the Super-Heroes so I will be getting them this round.

I love how the Bewitched figure looks. I really want to make DC Comics Three Witches so with these two witches will be a great start!

wise guy
Sep 10, '18, 7:49 AM
Mego did a nice job on these but what fans are they trying to reach with Full House
and Wizard of OZ ? I wan't all 4 Kiss not just 2 of them . The selections are too random
for collectors other than Mego fanboys on this site. The DC 14'' are going the right
direction( with a purpose) so I might buy those instead .

Mary Canary
Sep 10, '18, 8:07 AM
Mego did a nice job on these but what fans are they trying to reach with Full House
and Wizard of OZ ? I wan't all 4 Kiss not just 2 of them . The selections are too random
for collectors other than Mego fanboys on this site. The DC 14'' are going the right
direction( with a purpose) so I might buy those instead .

Hasn't it been stated that Target selected the properties they wanted?
Plus, I think the whole point of Mego is that they make things for all types of fans - not just you or me.
I personally have no interest in Full House (just like I had no interest in Married w Children or Cheers) but the sequel series on Netflix is in its second or third season, is it not?
So while we might pass, someone out there is going to buy and enjoy this set, or pick it up for their children or a Full House fan they know to enjoy, which is also kind of the point.
I personally know people who know little about Mego but freaked and geeked over the Facts of Life figure and want the whole set.
Wizard of Oz has zillions of fans. Might not be for me, but I suspect that set will do well too.

Hedji
Sep 10, '18, 8:22 AM
Yep, Full House may not be for us, but there are a LOT of 90s kids who grew up with it. I'm sure it was a selection inspired by the insane pop culture interest in Golden Girls toys. And I happen to think it's a smart experiment that could pay huge dividends if the license is inexpensive. Diversifying the selections just makes sense; you can't sell a line exclusively to us old 70s kids and expect it to survive. I'd laugh if it became the sleeper seller of the wave.

That said...

My concept of Mego is spandex suits stretched tight (not baggy, FTC) on that marvelous articulated body. More "stretch", less "clothing", please.

Oh, and more AJ please.

And parachutes. :wink_y::smiley1:

palitoy
Sep 10, '18, 8:47 AM
Full House isn't our thing but for all the folks saying Mego "needs to get the kids involved".

My daughter Loved Full House and if this came out two years ago, you'd better believe i'd buy this.

This is a hot license for younger people.

theSamurai
Sep 10, '18, 12:28 PM
I was wondering the same thing Tom. Once Mego leaves the end cap are they heading to the boys aisle with Spiderman, the girls aisle with Barbie or split between? Iím thinking split but who knows.

They could go into the "collector" area, that has Pops, Stranger Things figures, and Neca etc. That seems to make the most sense.

toothaction
Sep 11, '18, 5:15 PM
Wave 2, spotted or officially teased:
087-16-2546 Cheers Cliff Calvin 8"
087-16-2548 Facts of Life Jo 8"
087-16-2570 Charlie's Angels Kris Munroe 8"
087-16-2576 KISS Starchild 8"
087-16-2580 Married With Children Kelly Bundy 8"
087-16-2670 Charmed Phoebe 8"
087-16-2672 The Brady Bunch Greg Brady 8"
087-16-2675 Star Trek Spock 8"
087-16-3114 Star Trek Gorn 8"
087-16-3117 Bewitched Samantha 8"
087-16-3120 Universal Studios Monsters Frankenstein 8"
087-16-2633 Wizard of Oz Dorothy & Wicked Witch 8" 2-pack
087-16-2663 Full House DJ & Stephanie Tanner 8" 2-pack

087-16-2649 DC Classic Superman 14"
087-16-2652 DC Batgirl 14"
087-16-2656 DC Green Lantern 14"
087-16-2659 DC Poison Ivy 14"

Correct?

Mary Canary
Sep 11, '18, 5:22 PM
^ I have not see anything about Blair.

palitoy
Sep 11, '18, 5:30 PM
Jo is in wave 2, not Blair.

Remco Monster
Greg Brady is awesome. Love that he comes with the idol. Makes a Vincent Price figure a must.

toothaction
^ I have not see anything about Blair.Yeah, I just noticed that she snuck up there... removed!

pmwasson
Sep 11, '18, 5:44 PM
Wondering if we will get another happy days character in wave 2?

palitoy
Sep 11, '18, 5:44 PM
Wondering if we will get another happy days character in wave 2?

we do!

toothaction
Sep 11, '18, 5:48 PM
Put another way...

TV:
Bewitched - Samantha 8"
The Brady Bunch - Greg Brady 8"
Charlie's Angels - Kris Munroe 8"
Charmed - Phoebe 8"
Cheers - Cliff Calvin 8"
Facts of Life - Jo 8"
Full House - DJ & Stephanie Tanner 8" (2-pack)
Happy Days - Richie Cunningham
Married With Children - Kelly Bundy 8"
Star Trek - Gorn 8"
Star Trek - Spock 8"
CINEMA:
Universal Studios Monsters - Frankenstein 8"
Wizard of Oz - Dorothy & Wicked Witch 8" (2-pack)
STAGE:
KISS - Starchild 8"
COMICS:
DC - Batgirl 14"
DC - Green Lantern 14"
DC - Poison Ivy 14"
DC - Superman 14"

Cornelius POTA
Sep 13, '18, 11:05 AM
For yours truly Corny, I'm not chasing down Wave 2 :no:

When Wave 1 hit the TARGET stores in early August, I must have called a few dozen stores and drove to 5 - 7 TARGETS within a 50 mile radius thinking I would be the first.

Now seeing Wave 1 marked down to $12.99 is a bit disappointing and concerning.

For Wave 2, I'm not calling. And only going to the 3 Targets locally here in Orlando. if they show up, they show up.

Just sayin folks.:ape:

jeffbearco
Sep 13, '18, 2:47 PM
Charlie's Angels Kris Munroe would make an EXCELLENT Supergirl!

Just saying!

JeffBearCO

TRDouble
Sep 13, '18, 3:06 PM
Charlie's Angels Kris Munroe would make an EXCELLENT Supergirl!

Just saying!

JeffBearCO

You read my mind...