PDA

View Full Version : Sandman

Meule
May 5, '08, 5:12 PM
Here's another villain done in my 1966 Batman project: Michael Rennie as Sandman.
Georg shrunk the head for me and also had to remove a beard and do some work on the hair I believe. He did a great job, as always. Sandman comes with a handmade fur coat that I had to paint since I couldn't find the fabric in the right color and since this synthetic hairs can't be dyed. The box of course is by Anthony
http://lh3.ggpht.com/thomas.meuleman/SB975NqLljI/AAAAAAAAAV8/Hd0xORTXx5w/s400/Sandman%201.JPG
http://lh4.ggpht.com/thomas.meuleman/SB98AdqLlkI/AAAAAAAAAWI/ntgygf__G-A/s400/Sandman%202.JPG
http://lh3.ggpht.com/thomas.meuleman/SB98UNqLlnI/AAAAAAAAAWg/QIBjCFqSpso/s400/Sandman%205.JPG

Megospidey
May 5, '08, 5:13 PM
That's a Sandman I'm not familiar with - but he looks great! That fur coat is fabbbbuuuullllous!!

thunderbolt
May 5, '08, 5:17 PM
Looks great. You just keep going on this don't you? :)

BlackKnight
May 5, '08, 5:40 PM
That Count Dooku Head looks perfect for the Character. Great Job Trimming the Beard off,.. must have been a Pain. Fantastic Fur coat Thomas !

Meule
May 5, '08, 5:50 PM
That Count Dooku Head looks perfect for the Character. Great Job Trimming the Beard off,.. must have been a Pain. Fantastic Fur coat Thomas !
Actually, it's not Count Dooku, it's Michael Rennie himself. Here's how he looked in Lost in Space. The head was from a 9" action figure with that beard
http://www.uncleodiescollectibles.com/images/finders/Alien%20-%20Keeper.jpg

BlackKnight
May 5, '08, 5:52 PM
Well,.. there you go. Looked like Dooku to me. :grin: ... :please_y:

jessica
May 5, '08, 6:08 PM
Ooooh! I love that fur! Great job! Everything looks swell.

StrangeVisitor
May 5, '08, 7:03 PM
Klaatu barada nik-to darn good a job on your Sandman! :1:

HardyGirl
May 5, '08, 8:42 PM
I know that Sandman and you nailed him! :hokay: Awesome job! 1966 Batman RULES!:costumed-smiley-009

Marvelmania
May 5, '08, 8:43 PM
WOW, that is nice Thomas! There can't be many left on your Batman list left to do.

Goblin19
May 5, '08, 8:54 PM
That looks great. Keep 'em coming.

QDOGG
May 5, '08, 9:23 PM
Excellent job Thomas! That coat is killer! I'm a fan of faux fur myself. Did you do it yourself? I can see it in pink! Oh yeah Super Pimp:grin:

REMOVED
May 5, '08, 9:26 PM
nice figure. nice box. foxyfur.

mikeoz
May 5, '08, 9:56 PM
I love your Batman project! This is another winner!

SlipperyLilSuckers
May 5, '08, 11:11 PM
I love your customs Thomas, they are well worth the wait.

Meule
May 6, '08, 1:48 AM
WOW, that is nice Thomas! There can't be many left on your Batman list left to do.
You'd think so, wouldn't you? But actually I still have a loooooooong way to go :yes:

Excellent job Thomas! That coat is killer! I'm a fan of faux fur myself. Did you do it yourself?
Yep, made it myself :grin:

Dave Mc
May 6, '08, 4:48 AM
I forgot about this guy. You really nailed it. The coat is awesome.

darklord1967
May 6, '08, 4:49 AM
Well!! If it isn't Dr. Sobnambula himself!!

Beautiful job!! Awesome fur!!

Didn't this guy try to stitch Batman into a human mattress or something?

spiderrogue
May 6, '08, 8:01 AM
would love to see other bat villians..like a certain orange coat a'wearin lady...hmmmmm??? oh...and this one looks pretty sweet, too!! great job as always, mr waffles...:wink_y:

monkey tennis
May 6, '08, 8:08 AM
That head sculpt is excellent.

Brown Bear
May 6, '08, 12:20 PM
Great likiness...keep em coming.

Earth 2 Chris
May 6, '08, 12:38 PM
Wow, even I had kind of forgotten him, but a great version of him nontheless. I was expecting to see Flint Marko or Wes Dodds here, but I was pleasantly surprised!

Chris

The Toyroom
May 6, '08, 9:45 PM
Look out...the Batman '66 project is back on track! Nice to see another dead-on figure in your seemingly never-ending line, Thomas! How many down and how many left to go?

megowgsh
May 7, '08, 9:52 AM
Another Home Run!!!

Kudos!!!

Meule
May 7, '08, 1:16 PM
How many down and how many left to go?

29 done and 3 others done that I still need to unveil, but I'm waiting on the boxes.
8 in the making and then still 8 to go. And that's not counting henchmen :rolleyes:

Bo8a_Fett
May 7, '08, 1:31 PM
Nice work on the likeness...great fur too

EmergencyIan
May 7, '08, 6:45 PM
Well done, Thomas!

- Ian

kingdom warrior
May 8, '08, 10:32 AM
That's just amazing!!!!! Thomas you rule with your Batman Tv series figures !!!!

Meule
May 8, '08, 5:26 PM
Thanks all for the kind words, feels good to know others enjoy this project as much as I do

Blackkryptonite
May 9, '08, 11:47 AM
Wow another great '66 villian! Great job Meule, would you happen to have a group shot of all your 1966 characters?

Meule
Apr 19, '13, 1:26 AM
Let's see if CTVT gets to him

piecemaker
Apr 19, '13, 8:23 AM
Very nice!