X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

Batgirl

My daughter has been hounding me for a Batgirl in her custom collection for quite some time. I really was not too fond of the mego batgirl with the removable helmet.
    So, I took and re-rooted a Dinah doll head and made her mask out of sculpey. Add some Dr. Mego repo parts and instant Batgirl. She hasn't seen it yet. It is a surprise!

The trick was creating a head/mask over the Dinah head and making it move from side to side. I did it! It took some creative thought but the head moves around on the Breyer girl neck stem. Can't go wrong with these bodies!
    Dr. MEGO sells them on his site. My daughter loves them!!!

I design her customs to take a lot of strain. She plays with them so I have to go over little details and make sure they won't come off while she is playing like the ears...etc.

Thank you to the member in here who gave me some advice earlier when I was making the prototype for this head. Sanding it smooth was the trick part.

Last edited by Cosmicman; May 5, '08, 3:10 PM.
    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Looks like there's a certain girl in for quite a surprise, you're one cool dad, Cat
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• spaceace35
      Career Member
      • Feb 1, 2008

what a great dad
      very cool custom also
      Rockin Rebels

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

Very Cool Wrath,.. I'm sure your Daughter will love her.
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• QDOGG
          Persistent Member
          • Jan 13, 2007

Thats totally cool! You little girl is lucky to have a dad who has a cool hobby.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎