• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cornelius POTA
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2011

New 2018 Mego and investment

So, curious Mego peeps.

So how long do you think lets say for 2018 MEGO Tootie or Fonzie or Jimi will be with worth around $250 - $400 sealed / never opened.

How many years? Should I start planning my retirement cruise now ?

Corny POTA
    Cornelius POTA sigpic MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes :ape:
    :smiley13: Cornelius is home.
    I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.
  • GlobalObserver
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 12, 2004

It'll take at least a million years.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Never in our lifetime would they be worth that much. That's my prediction.

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

A better investment would be a baby doll that says "Mama" to prove that human used to be able to speak after the ape uprising.
        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by pmwasson
          A better investment would be a baby doll that says "Mama" to prove that human used to be able to speak after the ape uprising.
          Dude, that's PERFECT!!! LOL!!
          sigpic

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2011

Originally posted by pmwasson
            Hey I remember that POTA movie scene.

Corny

Comment

• spockoda
              Museum Super Collector
              • Jan 14, 2018

We would all have to take the same "trip" Taylor, Dodge, and the other guy took in the first POTA movie before the new Megos will ever be worth that much. I know this thread was probably started in a "tongue in cheek" spirit but I don't even think about figures I buy in those terms anymore. Uncertain, the future is.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

I'm hoping some I have will be worth at least what I've paid for them. Stupid packaging mistakes! Why do I like them? Just stupid...

Comment

• cjefferys
                  Duke of Gloat
                  • Apr 23, 2006

My kids' college fund here I come!

Comment

• Mary Canary
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by spockoda
                    We would all have to take the same "trip" Taylor, Dodge, and the other guy took in the first POTA movie before the new Megos will ever be worth that much. I know this thread was probably started in a "tongue in cheek" spirit but I don't even think about figures I buy in those terms anymore. Uncertain, the future is.
                    Same. I don't have the money or the space to buy things just to hope they increase in value. I love the closing remark on the Mint Off Card videos: "Buy what you like."

Comment

• pickermall
                      • Aug 12, 2018

Originally posted by Cornelius POTA
                      So, curious Mego peeps.

So how long do you think lets say for 2018 MEGO Tootie or Fonzie or Jimi will be with worth around $250 - $400 sealed / never opened.

How many years? Should I start planning my retirement cruise now ?

Corny POTA
                      I have a sealed NOS 1970's Spock I bought a few months ago for $50... I could probably get $150 for him on ebay... I'm not going to hold my breath on the new stuff :-(

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                        One eyed, wonder
                        • Dec 17, 2009

Good news, Corny! According to the scalpers, they are already worth $250. Good old USA were you can charge as much as you like. Nothing says freedom like 2000% mark up.

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                          Good news, Corny! According to the scalpers, they are already worth $250. Good old USA were you can charge as much as you like. Nothing says freedom like 2000% mark up.
                          YES, just check on eBay and most of these people ( I'm assuming they are people) are selling these at 2-3 even 4 times
                          the store price, I haven't checked them all, just the Trek figures, some are even selling the Mirror figures seperatly way over priced.

So to answer your question Corny, those prices you quoted, are coming close to that on eBay as we speak.

Comment

• enyawd72
                            Maker of Monsters!
                            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                            Yep. My personal favorite part is RARE! IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND IN STORES! I have FIVE of them available!

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 19, 2011

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                              YES, just check on eBay and most of these people ( I'm assuming they are people) are selling these at 2-3 even 4 times
                              the store price, I haven't checked them all, just the Trek figures, some are even selling the Mirror figures seperatly way over priced.

So to answer your question Corny, those prices you quoted, are coming close to that on eBay as we speak.

Yea, I bought the whole MEGO 2018 set, and some duplicates but laying way low now, and waiting for clearance prices.

It's cool that seeing new Mego in the wild though at Target. Some figures will sell better then others.

But as far as an investment long term or just collecting, I'm still the mego huge fan of 1972 - 1984. Will never beat the original native Mego.

Corny

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎