• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mary Canary
    Career Member
    • Jun 21, 2017

Aint It Cool Interview with Marty Abrams

Another good interview with Mr. Abrams.
    Sounds like they have plans for the future after Target.

Click now! COLLECT THEM ALL!" Count Popula Talks with the Father of Action Figures, Marty Abrams, About the Return of the World’s Greatest Toy Company, Mego!
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

Great interview! Gives me high hopes for what we may see "down the road" with MEGO in both 8" and 14"...
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

Interesting read. Thanks for posting this.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Wow, that was a great interview!! Marty's the COOLEST! Got me hoping for an "Ali" figure done the road!
        sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

That's really a fascinating interview. Marty has me pumped for all the possibilities.

Comment

• VulcansFury
            Museum Patron
            • Mar 6, 2014

That Phantom and Bride hes holding look like DSTs from a few years back.

Comment

• ODBJBG
              Permanent Member
              • May 15, 2009

Great interview. Marty comes across so genuine and passionate. I liked that this was more in-depth and not just fluff about the new line. These are the kind of pieces that will endear people to the brand who may not be familiar with it.

Comment

• cockyhoskins
                Career Member
                • Jan 13, 2009

This part literally made me laugh out loud:

"We went to her house to show her the doll. We walked in and see a picture of Greg Allman over the fireplace in her magnificent home. I say, “Holy cow, pretty cool guy.” Over my shoulder, I hear, “I’m not that cool.” I turn around and there’s Greg."

Comment

• powersthatbe
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 27, 2010

great read thanks

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

Finally got a chance to really read it. Marty sure comes across as a humble, positive and passionate dude. I'm really so happy for him to have this renaissance and recognition at this point in his life. Good for you, Marty!

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

Unless it's a joke, that Hulk comment is interesting. I never considered that if you took the box artwork as the source...

...his hands are fists, teeth clenched, and knees are bent. It reads as if Marty's saying the 8" scale = a 6-Foot person. Hulk then would have been 6'6" if the artwork Hulk was standing straight.

So to get the muscle proportion correctly, they had to make him shorter or else he would've been an 8.5" figure. Then Lonnie's custom Hulk torso got it right.

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 25, 2018

When they were talking about The Hulk and the interviewer said he just used his 12 inch Hulk with regular 8 inch line and Mr.Abrams said that was a good idea and he’s thinking of doing that with Andre the Giant gave me pause. Did he just let slip Mego is doing Andre?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

^ I wondered about that, too. I really enjoyed this interview.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• bgiles73
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 14, 2010

Originally posted by Mego Newbie14
                            When they were talking about The Hulk and the interviewer said he just used his 12 inch Hulk with regular 8 inch line and Mr.Abrams said that was a good idea and he’s thinking of doing that with Andre the Giant gave me pause. Did he just let slip Mego is doing Andre?
                            As Bigfoot for a SMDM line or from The Princess Bride? Either way is a win!

Comment

• hedrap
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 10, 2009

Andre was the first FTC figure made, IIRC

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡