PDA

View Full Version : ‘Charmed’ Star Holly Marie Combs Is Using A Piper Doll To Terrorise Her Kids

palitoy
Aug 22, '18, 12:45 PM
The Celebrity reaction to Mego's return is priceless, first Kim Fields now Holly Marie Combs is making mego news.
https://www.pedestrian.tv/entertainment/charmed-holly-marie-combs-target-doll/

Mary Canary
Aug 22, '18, 12:55 PM
I feel like this figure looks more like Jaclyn Smith than the Jaclyn Smith one.
Thoughts on head swapping? Maybe I should do that.

PS, I love that the celebs are having positive reactions to their figures!

EmergencyIan
Aug 22, '18, 12:59 PM
Great stuff!!

- Ian

RonnyG
Aug 22, '18, 1:17 PM

I think you're right! The more I look at it, the more I see Jaclyn Smith, too! Probably would do the same touch-up job I did on "Kelly."

LonnieFisher
Aug 22, '18, 3:04 PM

PS, I love that the celebs are having positive reactions to their figures!

I also thought that the head looks like it should have been for Kelly.

Iron Mego
Aug 22, '18, 3:53 PM
I like this quote, "Not the best craftsmanship I’ve ever seen, but I can fully appreciate the attention-to-detail with the outfit." :grin:

hedrap
Aug 22, '18, 5:21 PM
Barbara Eden is going to be at Chiller Theater this Oct. That would be a great one to pull off.

sprytel
Aug 22, '18, 6:00 PM
Nice to know I'm not the only one who embarrasses their kids with their Megos.

TrekStar
Aug 22, '18, 9:37 PM
That's a funny story, and I agree that Piper makes a better Kelly Garrett, I also think it can make a nice custom Lois Lane.

Mary Canary
Aug 23, '18, 9:12 AM
^ I have the FTC Lois Lane and I really like her. Ironically, I changed her outfit though - took her out of that 70s suit and put her in a one piece jumpsuit with high boots and a scarf, ala the Hasbro Charlie's Angels figures of yesteryear. I wanted her to look more like an adventuring reporter on a sleuthy, dangerous investigation. I also gave her a strappy camera since she can't hold the massive microphone included with the figure. One of these days I'll make her an LL insignia for her chest or shoulder.

So now I have a Lois that looks like an Angel... that I did before the new Angels appeared.

DrZorma
Aug 23, '18, 11:32 AM
I can see the kids at school teasing "your mom is a witch."

Must be surreal to have figures of your persona to torture others with. I think you know you've "made it" when you are immortalized in plastic. I rather have that than the cover of People magazine

TRDouble
Aug 23, '18, 11:43 AM
I saw this tweet yesterday and thought it was great!

That's a funny story, and I agree that Piper makes a better Kelly Garrett, I also think it can make a nice custom Lois Lane.

I actually bought Piper for the purpose of turning her into Lois Lane. But it's not a bad figure in and of itself.