X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

New Mego vs EMCE Dracula

Today I was lucky enough to find a Mego Dracula in the store, so when I got him home it was time strip....er compare the EMCE Dracula vs the Mego Dracula.

20180821_220505[1].jpg
    First the heads just do not look the same. EMCE looks like a bootleg version of Bela.

The Universal costume is nice but the "stage" version just passes it up.

Now lets get naked:

20180821_220424[1].jpg
    This is where you can tell which figure just stands out. New Mego is undead white and has those creepy hands where EMCE is just a naked Caucasian.

20180821_220401[1].jpg
    If you own the EMCE Dracula you might want to buy an extra New Mego Dracula and change it out. Bela looks great in both outfits.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Thanks for this! I think many of us have been wanting to see Bela in the EMCE clothing and I think it works.

I don't own the EMCE Dracula. Is the EMCE medallion sewed on? Is it possible to just swap the capes and add the medallion to the Mego Bela?

And it's funny to see the differences in the head sizes... is the EMCE head small... or is the Mego head big? Or does it not matter

Comment

• Iron Mego
      Wake Up Heavy
      • Jan 31, 2010

Very interesting side-by-side comparison! I didn't get the EMCE Drac (didn't care for the head-sculpt) but I had to get New Mego Drac because it's just so well-done. Quite the difference this go around. Can't wait to see the other Monsters!
      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you for posting this. I have to admit, this conversion idea was the whole reason I wanted a new Mego Drac--although I like the Emce one.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

The EMCE Drac medallion is sewn onto the outfit. You could take it apart but I am not.

When the EMCE Universal Monsters came out I bought them all, it isn't until this version on Bela came out that makes me think that Universal did not think about getting Bela approval since the own there version of Dracula.

Now makes wonder just what wave two is going to look like compared to the Universal Monsters version.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
            Career Member
            • Nov 22, 2011

Dang it! now I may have to take my EMCE Dracula out of the card to change out suits or get another of each to do it. You guys really need to stop giving me ideas... Keeps making me spend precious mego funds for wave 2. My Wife is going to divorce me, I just know it.
            "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

Bela photos

Bela_Lugosi_as_Dracula,_anonymous_photograph_from_1931,_Universal_Studios.jpgBela.jpg

For those who care here are two photos of Bela Lugosi's Dracula to compare the figures.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

I've been waiting for this, and not disappointed, new mego Bela looks good in both outfits, kind of like here's the black & white movie version and the colorized version and the nude pic of the new mego Bela with the zombie grey undead body
                is what it should be, thanks for posting these pics.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎