• tmthor
    God of Knock-offs
    • Nov 29, 2005

Retro Toy Reviewer reviews the new Mego Action Jackson figure

New Mego Action Jackson Review

• palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

So appropriate that it's done in a back yard. Also, giant roosters!
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Another vote for Dinah-Mite--wheee!

And playsets? Yes, please.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
        Also, giant roosters!
        Food of the Gods
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          Another vote for Dinah-Mite--wheee!

And playsets? Yes, please.
          Yes! Yes to both! Hey MEGO, inflatable playsets maybe?

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by palitoy
            So appropriate that it's done in a back yard.
            So many of my childhood Megos never returned from my back yard. I'm ashamed of how much like Toy Story's Sid I was to them (Ironic, since my name is Andy). I remember a fateful day of turning my sandbox into a mudpit with a slide and garden hose. A lot of good men were lost that day. I was a stupid kid.

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Hedji
              So many of my childhood Megos never returned from my back yard. I'm ashamed of how much like Toy Story's Sid I was to them (Ironic, since my name is Andy). I remember a fateful day of turning my sandbox into a mudpit with a slide and garden hose. A lot of good men were lost that day. I was a stupid kid.
              I remember once being the giant villain that my Mego Batman & Robin had to defeat. Per usual, Robin gets captured and I dunked him in a cup full of water -- anyone remember the margarine cups that came in different colors that we re-used as drinking cups? -- and stuck him in the "freezer" trap. Yeah, the real freezer.

Well, Megos freeze very well... but they don't unfreeze well at all. Robin was more marionette than doll Thank goodness that these toys were ALWAYS on the pegs, unlike the modern toy lines, and I was able to convince my parents to buy me a new Robin.

Comment

• tmthor
                God of Knock-offs
                • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by TRDouble
                I remember once being the giant villain that my Mego Batman & Robin had to defeat. Per usual, Robin gets captured and I dunked him in a cup full of water -- anyone remember the margarine cups that came in different colors that we re-used as drinking cups? -- and stuck him in the "freezer" trap. Yeah, the real freezer.

Well, Megos freeze very well... but they don't unfreeze well at all. Robin was more marionette than doll Thank goodness that these toys were ALWAYS on the pegs, unlike the modern toy lines, and I was able to convince my parents to buy me a new Robin.
                Lol I used to freeze "carbon freeze" my han solo all the time after ESB

Comment

• ODBJBG
                  Permanent Member
                  • May 15, 2009

Another: The Ultimate Action Jackson (2018) Review

Comment

• comicmike
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 22, 2009

Thanks tmthor and ODBJBG for sharing both of the reviews: Really helpful!

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                    Originally posted by tmthor
                    New Mego Action Jackson Review

Comment

• Figuremod73
                      That 80's guy
                      • Jul 27, 2011

Action Jackson was one of the first that I snatched up when I saw them at Target. Even though he's not planned for wave 2, will we still have a variation of AJ at some point? Rumor right now is that Mego is taking note and sticking with what seems to be selling the best. I really would love to see more AJ products. Want a Karate or baseball uniform AJ.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎