X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeedox
    Career Member
    • Aug 10, 2007

Dracula License?

I don't see the Universal Monsters info on the great new Dracula?
    Any chance this is licensed thru the Lugosi folks with the stage version etc?

Confused because i know more Monsters are on the way..
  • K
    Fun Will Now Commence
    • Jun 20, 2001

It does say Lugosi enterprises so maybe each is licensed as a character from each respective actor's estate
    I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

It's Lugosi as a generic Dracula. I suppose you could say it's a stage version, but it lacks details of that version, and it's modeled on the card photo which is from Mark of the Vampire. Because it's not licensed from Universal, the figure doesn't feature a red cape lining, medallion, or signet ring.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• toothaction
        Career Member
        • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        ... it's modeled on the card photo which is from Mark of the Vampire.
        Valuable information, thanks! Interesting that the film pictured doesn't even feature the most famous undead count.
        >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

^It can't, it's a Lugosi product, not a licensed Universal Dracula product.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

I hope they get more mileage out of the Lugosi agreement, would love to see Murder Legendre and Dr. Zorka Mego figures.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Timothy2251
              Jerks beef with Ten Bears
              • Mar 15, 2008

I like where Thunderbolt's going with this. If we get a Dr. Zorka, we best get his robot as well.
              "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

^^ That would be a great idea, then you get some Rob Zombie crossover appeal, too.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Timothy2251
                  Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                  • Mar 15, 2008

Exactly my reasoning, Thunderbolt! Now e gotta get Marty and Doc working on a Rob Zombie Mego stat!
                  "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Ooh, I'm all in for Murder Legendre. White Zombie is a great knock-off horror movie.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      Ooh, I'm all in for Murder Legendre. White Zombie is a great knock-off horror movie.
                      It really would have fit in well with the Universal lineup, and added a different monster type with the zombies, too.

Comment

• bgiles73
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 14, 2010

I would really love it if Mego could get a license for Vincent Price!

Comment

• greensavage2000
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 9, 2013

I would love a Vincent Price Mego. Make it so number one.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

White Zombie is starting right now on TCM. Jeez, I like this film.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎