Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else getting Damaged Target Online Shipments?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Piddley
    • Sep 3, 2013

Anyone else getting Damaged Target Online Shipments?

I've ordered two separate times from Target online and both times the packages were damaged. Besides being able to get whichever ones I wanted without having to drive to stores all over the place I was hoping the items would hopefully be in better shape than when you get them at the store a lot of times. The first package was 2 14 inch Harley Quinns and they were even double boxed with bubble wrap around them too but they were put diagonally in the box (because the boxes were too small). One was crushed with half of the cellophane window separated from the box and the other one was creased heavily at the top of the box (although the smaller packing box around it was fine). The entire box holding both was crushed at the top like UPS (who always damages boxes for me) put a 100 pound box on top of it. That was last week. Yesterday I get 3 Peg Bundy figures (I'm a big Married with Children fan but I got 3 for the free shipping (over $35) and in case I get damaged figures again). This box was much smaller than the first of course but the box was too small for the figures so they put them in diagonally standing up. On the positive side, one of the three wasn't damaged (the one packed in the middle). It only had a minor corner ding. The other two around it were damaged, one had a crushed bubble and the other had heavy creases going vertically down the entire length of the card. So altogether in 2 separate shipments I've had 4 out of 5 damaged (too bad I wasn't planning on opening these or else I wouldn't care). Is anyone else having issues getting their items from Target online without damage? Is this just bad luck? The first damaged shipment I would chalk up to UPS error (because except for the too small inner boxes it was packed very well) but the second one with the size of the box and how it was packed was most likely going to get damaged (luckily UPS gave it to USPS to deliver the last half of the way or else it would have been worse I'm sure). For retail stores I usually like to have them ship to store (I've never had damage with items shipped to the store) but Target doesn't give you that option. I look at Megos being sold on ebay and in the pictures none of them show any damage like I've had (just an occasional corner ding). I would like to reorder the Harley Quinn and maybe get a General Zod but I don't want to get another damaged shipment. The only issues I've ever had with damaged shipments (always from poor packing) is from Amazon. I wonder if Amazon is doing the shipping for Target because I know 10 years ago they were. Good thing these aren't selling extremely well so I still have time to get more (and return a couple of these). Anyone else getting damaged items?
  • K
    Fun Will Now Commence
    • Jun 20, 2001

I've gotten two boxes from Target so far. First order was Batman and AJ and second order was Dracula and other stuff to hit the free shipping. For some odd reason, I got the Dracula order first. There it was, thrown in with my peanut butter balance bars. LOL! The card was bent and the bubble at the bottom was loose. I slit the bubble at the bottom to remove him anyway, but was surprised.
    Today I got Batman (not sure where the hell my AJ is, or why he's coming ina different box) and it was alone and had some bubble wrap but not a huge amount. I noticed that for both figures there is a giant UPC sticker that is invariably stuck in the worst place on the card/box. Luckily it peels off fairly cleanly. I hope I'll be getting my AJ soon. Target.com is my only option; nothing in the stores near me.
    I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

I have placed 3 orders now and my figures have come in prefect and I order 14 inch figures & 8 inch figures.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Piddley
        • Sep 3, 2013

My Peg Bundys had stickers on the side of the bubbles (and on the bag they put around them) and I was like "Oh, no stickers" (my reaction when I get collectible items at stores and they have price stickers, usually hard to get off), but they do come off very easily leaving no residue. Whew.

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

I received my 14" Batman today.

IMG_9085.jpg
          IMG_9086.jpg

I came in a box with some bubbles thrown in. The box went through something on it's way to me. With no real protection, what you see is what I got.

Comment

• RCB Mego
            • Mar 28, 2010

I have received two separate packages from Target and no problems with the Megos, cards are perfect.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

I have gotten 4-5 orders and all were carefully packaged with no issues, the tracking stickers they put on some of them peel off easily

Comment

• KLAATU
                Museum Patron
                • Feb 3, 2009

It's funny. I've gotten items that were in additional plastic baggies (taped closed), wrapped in thick bubble-wrap, sealed inside sturdy cardboard boxes with more bubble-wrap, and placed inside sturdy larger cardboard boxes with even more air-cushioning. And then I've gotten items that were crammed inside too-small boxes with absolutely no extra protection. Another time, the item was just sliding around inside a larger box with no protection. It really seems hit-and-miss. All in all, I've gotten five shipments: 3 had great packing jobs, 2 had inferior packing jobs.

Comment

• Eric
                  Museum Patron
                  • Jan 11, 2008

Three shipments from Target; the first two were great - fantastic packing and no damage. The third one, which I received yesterday, was two sets of Kirk/Spock. The arm on one of the Kirks was broken off. I exchanged it for a good one at my local store.

Comment

• cockyhoskins
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 13, 2009

Three shipments. All perfect shape. No packing stickers, etc. Bubble wrapped, in small boxes, placed in larger boxes.

I have been very impressed with their shipping to be honest.

Comment

• Steeler80
                      Mayor of Strunk
                      • Jun 29, 2001

I've only had one order come in (Mirror, Mirror two pack) and everything was fine. The odd thing is I ordered Sulu and Chekov about a week ago and they're scheduled to be here until next Tuesday, but I only ordered the 2 figure set Sunday or Monday and it's here. No big deal, just odd.

Comment

• Piddley
                        • Sep 3, 2013

Originally posted by Steeler80
                        I've only had one order come in (Mirror, Mirror two pack) and everything was fine. The odd thing is I ordered Sulu and Chekov about a week ago and they're scheduled to be here until next Tuesday, but I only ordered the 2 figure set Sunday or Monday and it's here. No big deal, just odd.

I know by looking at the tracking, my 2 Harley Quinn 14 inches took a week to get to me and my 3 Peg Bundys took 3 days. I live in Pennsylvania and the Harley Quinn shipment looks like it originated from Arizona and the Peg Bundy shipment came from Pennsylvania about 25 miles away. I don't know if they both came from warehouses, or one was a warehouse one was a store, or both were from stores.

Comment

• sprytel
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 26, 2009

In my case, it was a tale of two orders. My first order I received a big box containing four figures, each carefully packed in an inner box and bubble wrapped. Couldn't ask for better. My second order I got one figure and the Mirror Mirror set. It was loosely packed with some of that "air pocket" sheeting. Both had barcode stickers applied to them... the one on the box came off cleanly, but the one on the figure bubble left a little sticker residue. I planned on opening anyhow, but I still hope future orders come more like my first.

Comment

• Your pal, Jim
                            Museum Patron
                            • Apr 3, 2015

Got my Trek two-pack today (finally!) and of course it was all smashed. I don't care about packaging, and immediately took the figures out, but still.

Get it together, Target!

Comment

• KOMonger
                              Banned
                              • Feb 17, 2015

For the record I checked my Target store on 7/27, which was my payday, and there was nothing (as with most), but just checked again this payday 8/10 and all they had was two Jeannie sets.

The box I could see on the shelf had a loose Major Nelson and didn't bother looking at the other one. I checked high and low the entire toy, electronic and gaming sections and found nothing else. I decided I would just pass since most are available to order online now with free shipping option.

The only figure I have is from Ebay. I bought Norm sometime after 7/27.
                              Mine couldn't move one arm so I stripped him to investigate. I found two diff. sized bands were used to string him. Not a problem since I will use the ol' re-string process.
                              I also noticed, besides the Mego stamp on his back he also has a stamp on his leg.

Question: Are there any fat body Megoes/Re-Megoes that can stand on their own? T1 or T2, originals or other.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎