X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

New Mego Impressed Me With.......

This is a no negative zone... For this one thread...try to find one thing you really like about Mego 2.0 even above Mego 1.0

The AJ figure. It looks so much better than the OG AJ ever did. The face is more serious, the outfit looks better fitting, the boots are better, the insignia is better. I was never a fan of the old dog tag so I don't miss that.
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

I like the new neck plugs sometimes you tried to remove a head and the neck would tear

Comment

• Iron Mego
      Wake Up Heavy
      • Jan 31, 2010

I just like finally getting a Chekov and a Sulu. I came in just a little too late to get the EMCE versions.
      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• jeffbearco
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 27, 2011

Bela Lugosi Dracula was the best of the bunch I think. Very well executed and looks great still in the package. I want to get a second so I can make him part of my Halloween display this year!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• k2
          Career Member
          • Sep 12, 2007

the bodies have good weight, the trek skin tones are really nice and best of all walked into a Target and bought actual MEGO!!!

Comment

• The Batman Professor
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 15, 2010

A 14” Batman figure for $20! That’s like 1990’s pricing.

Losing TRU was a massive blow to the psyche, but seeing an endcap with the Mego logo on top had HEALING POWERS!
            sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

Their logo appearing big and bold on an endcap display. Comeback of the century.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Dracula, just a perfect figure, no head, body or clothing issues. For half the price of FTC too.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• SKotK
                  Career Member
                  • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  Dracula, just a perfect figure, no head, body or clothing issues. For half the price of FTC too.
                  Heartily agreed on that one. I don't collect monster stuff, and I'm really only a Trek guy when it comes to Mego. But that Dracula really impressed me. I picked up two of them for other people, but in looking at one of them sitting on my shelf I can see it's gonna be hard to let go!

--SKot
                  Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by SKotK
                    Heartily agreed on that one. I don't collect monster stuff, and I'm really only a Trek guy when it comes to Mego. But that Dracula really impressed me. I picked up two of them for other people, but in looking at one of them sitting on my shelf I can see it's gonna be hard to let go!

--SKot
                    Open him!! Watch Dollar Tree for cardboard coffins as they are perfect for him.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• smonte00
                      Veteran Member
                      • Aug 19, 2005

I agree. I like most of the new Megos, but that Dracula is next-level stuff, especially at half the price of FTC. Usually, these are doctored up to look better online, but the real thing actually looks better than the online photos.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Dracula turned out very well.
                        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Madcap70
                          • Dec 4, 2017

Zing Zing at FTC...

Comment

• SKotK
                            Career Member
                            • Mar 11, 2014

Open him!! Watch Dollar Tree for cardboard coffins as they are perfect for him.
                            He's promised to somebody else...so if I want to open one, I'll have to go out and find yet another, this time for myself!

--SKot
                            Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jun 29, 2018

I don't see the need to badmouth other releases honestly. Yes a company scaled up for a larger release to more locations in mass markets can sell figures at a lower price. This is not news. We can also say for half the price of Emce or for a third of the price of a Flattworld Dracula. That's kind of the nature of economics.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎