X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Zod deconstructed

Time to start customizing. Head and boots are recasts of originals. Arms are fairly similar to original, and are a more flexible material than both original and the rest of the new body.. The rest is more 21st century-ish. I didn't split the torso because glue was more stubborn, but I am sure it's possible with some effort.

Last edited by EMCE Hammer; Aug 8, '18, 3:18 PM.
  • comicmike
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 22, 2009

Man, that is Super interesting!!!!

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

Thanks for posting. Some interesting info there.

Comment

• Mego Milk
        Custom Mego Maker
        • Jun 3, 2007

no rubber bands!
        aw yeah bandless.

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Should Zod's torso be so... floppy? I just opened mine and his top half is very loose. Looser than Batman's. I can hold Zod by the chest and just swing his legs back and forth with little effort.

Are they all this loose? I can get him standing, but he naturally want to lean all the way back, chest out.

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

I'm curious if the head can be shrunk to fit on the 8 inch bodies?

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by TRDouble
              Should Zod's torso be so... floppy? I just opened mine and his top half is very loose. Looser than Batman's. I can hold Zod by the chest and just swing his legs back and forth with little effort.

Are they all this loose? I can get him standing, but he naturally want to lean all the way back, chest out.
              Mine was that way. I experimented and a simple cardboard shim worked. The connecting pin between the pelvis and torso is too long IMO, which leaves a gap.

Comment

• SWCWorld
                Museum Patron
                • Aug 10, 2011

Very interesting and thanks for sharing! One thing I noticed about my Zod figure when I took him out of the box was that he was held so snugly against the blue cardboard insert that when I "freed" him, where the back part of his costume had been (too tightly?) touching the backer insert, there were two small oilish looking stains, no doubt from the back vinyl of his costume...

Comment

• wise guy
                  Career Member
                  • Dec 29, 2014

Is Zod floppy like the Mattel DC retros ? The above pic of Zod next to Mego Spiderman
                  looks to have small gaps at hips, and waist, that older Spidey doesn't have. They should have worked the flaws out first because the much older Spiderman looks to have better
                  body design and neck.It looks like the 12'' Spidey has a same size head as as 14'' Zod .
                  Last edited by wise guy; Aug 14, '18, 8:23 AM.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

There is a gap between the male torso and pelvis that needs a shim. The figures still stand OK because on Zod the waistband acts as support, and on Batman the utility belt does. All of the other joints on the four guys I have are tight. I haven't picked up any females yet - WW is sold out around here and I think I have plenty of time on Harley.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

^What about an oval piece of craft foam with an interior hole, to act as a sort of washer at the waist?
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        ^What about an oval piece of craft foam with an interior hole, to act as a sort of washer at the waist?
                        Great idea! I haven't opened my Zod or Batman yet but that sounds like a great solution. I did open one of the WW figures and she stands and bends just fine. No loose joints at all.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎