Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question regarding potential KISS figures?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CKMBDavis
    • Nov 21, 2013

Question regarding potential KISS figures?

I wasn't sure if this should be posted here, in the Mego Buzz section, or not mentioned at all, so my apologies in advance if I have overstepped my boundaries.

A few people have apparently seen a leaked list of upcoming Mego figs that include a KISS Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley figure. I'm a huge KISS fan and would love to see KISS back in the Mego fold, but I also found it odd as I thought FTC still held the license. Now I wonder - perhaps FTC has the rights to the name "The Demon" and "Starchild", but not "Gene Simmons" and "Paul Stanley"? I don't recall FTC really mentioning them by name on their website. Could this possibly be a way to feature Paul & Gene in some unmasked-era KISS outfits? I for one would love to see a Revenge-era Gene with the goatee and trench coat.
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Knowing Gene he probably licensed Mego to do the 14inch version of KISS.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• CKMBDavis
      • Nov 21, 2013

You know, I didn't even consider that. A very likely possibility, but just him and Paul, though?

Comment

• KOMonger
        Banned
        • Feb 17, 2015

Unless it's been modified, the list said 8 inch. I didn't notice the first time, either.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Perhaps time is up on the FTC arrangement with Gene?
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• CKMBDavis
            • Nov 21, 2013

That's possible. I barely picked up any of FTC's KISS figs due to the price and the quality control, or lack of. I'd love to see KISS Mego figures in stores (even if it is only Gene and Paul).

Comment

• noelani72
              27inaleon
              • Jun 25, 2002

Im no licensing expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I have seen it mentioned more than once - FTC has a license to do gift shops whereas Mego is licensed for mass market.

Comment

• KOMonger
                Banned
                • Feb 17, 2015

Originally posted by noelani72
                Im no licensing expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I have seen it mentioned more than once - FTC has a license to do gift shops whereas Mego is licensed for mass market.
                Yes! Forgot about this fact. I even brought it up myself. Durrrr.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

that's an interesting difference. I guess we will find out in a month or 2. I would rather have seen something else though. maybe Jim Morrison or some other 60's icon.....cough cough(Beatles)

Comment

• Remco Monster
                    GLOWS in the Dark!
                    • May 3, 2006

No Ace, no Peter, no dice!

Comment

• SWCWorld
                      Museum Patron
                      • Aug 10, 2011

Will be interesting to see if Mego has procured the license along with FTC for 8" figures, or if the license has lapsed for FTC, or some other situation, such as Mego being allowed to produce 8" Kiss figures of a specific timeline that FTC has not produced (think Hotter than Hell, the Elder, or Creatures of the Night), or perhaps, as mentioned earlier, these will be non-makeup figures of Gene and Paul from the Lick it Up/Animalize era?

Comment

• monitor_ep
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 11, 2013

Well the business KISS suites are no longer available so who knows.
                        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• tmthor
                          God of Knock-offs
                          • Nov 29, 2005

Maybe Mego offered more money and since they will be Mass retail pay more royalties

Comment

• jayraytee
                            Career Member
                            • May 27, 2011

I just want Mego to grab the DC and Marvel licenses for 8" figures. I will never buy another FTC figure.
                            My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                              Creature Of The Night
                              • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by SWCWorld
                              ...or perhaps, as mentioned earlier, these will be non-makeup figures of Gene and Paul from the Lick it Up/Animalize era?
                              As interesting as that would be, I honestly don't think that will ever happen as an official release.

I have a feeling that what we will see will be 8" versions of the original Mego 12" dolls, hopefully with better rooted hair than what FTC offered.

My understanding is that the 8" figures which were released by FTC were on a slightly smaller body than all of the other FTC 8" releases, and maybe that's something Marty/Doc want to correct?

I sure hope that the other two members are slated for a later release. My RAH Medicom figures are still sealed in the box and will remain there until the universe auto-corrects that situation

Edited To Add: What I'm personally hoping for, is an Alive! version since those sold out so quickly and are damn near impossible to find at a reasonable rate.
                              Last edited by Dark Shadow; Aug 8, '18, 7:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎