Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ironically, all the first wave kneels before zod.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kerowack
    Career Member
    • Feb 27, 2008

Ironically, all the first wave kneels before zod.

He's the cream of the crop! His sculpt, the outfit and even the size works in his favor. Poor Dracula and norm cant compete as hard as they try. Cant wait for superman.
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

Isn't the head sculpt on Zod the same as the 70s one?if it is I hope they use the movie superman head for 14 inch and I hope they do a 14 inch Jor_El

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I think that sculpt is fantastic!! I mean, wanting to buy a 14" figure because you want to make an 8" version is a great compliment IMO. Love the unique, accurate boots, too.

The head is not the same as the vintage version.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ovenmitt
        Persistent Member
        • May 26, 2009

I got 2 Zods at my Target today! Super throwback to original MEGO 12" Zod who I always wanted and other 3 MEGO 12" Superman Movie figures. I did have the 4 Pocket Superheroes.

I hope Superman is in 14" DC wave 2 and that it is the Christopher Reeve head. I want Lex Luthor and Jor- El, too! And Supergirl!

14" DC is MEGO flagship line. I am glad there are 4 in each wave and only $19.99! I hope these continue forever.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

I bought Batman and Harley for my 6 year old nephew. I hope he loves them as much as I did as a kid

Comment

• Mary Canary
            Career Member
            • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by ovenmitt
            I got 2 Zods at my Target today! Super throwback to original MEGO 12" Zod who I always wanted and other 3 MEGO 12" Superman Movie figures. I did have the 4 Pocket Superheroes.

I hope Superman is in 14" DC wave 2 and that it is the Christopher Reeve head. I want Lex Luthor and Jor- El, too! And Supergirl!

14" DC is MEGO flagship line. I am glad there are 4 in each wave and only $19.99! I hope these continue forever.
            I would love a Supergirl as well!

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

If Mego wants me to buy that Zod, they better at least make a Superman with that classic "Reeve" head.

As an adult, I always thought they were overrated sculpts (Zod's looks more brutish like O'Halloran, than the more chiseled Stamp...and Superman is supposed to be Reeve? I just don't see it), regardless, I'm obsessed with the "Superman Movie foursome" and bought the originals many years ago because they were some of my most wanted toys that I never got as a kid. I love them despite my adult criticisms.

I'd prefer it if they made Jor-El & Luthor too, but at that great price, just one Reeve Superman will do to compliment displaying Zod.

EDITED TO ADD: I wish they would've made 8 inch versions of the Superman Movie figures. 14 inch is larger than anything else I collect (That great price though). What's that 8 inch reference above?
              Last edited by huedell; Aug 8, '18, 5:40 PM.
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎