X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZombieJimC
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 12, 2014

Action Jackson

This is going to sound crazy because I know everyone loves Dracula, Jennie and the Mirror 2 pack. For me, AJ is my favorite figure so far. I absolutely love him. I dont have Fonzie yet so I cant comment on him yet. As soon as I cut him off the card I was back in 1971 again. I believe he resembles the original Megos more than any of the other ones. With him being the first of the original 8 inchers and now in the relaunch, I think he ties both generations of Mego together perfectly. I want to get 1 or 2 more and put him in the old AJ outfits or maybe customize one of them. There is a lot of possibilities. Do I have old ones? Of course. I have a few boxed ones, a foreign boxed one and about 10 loose ones. But, I still want to mess around with these new ones. AJ is fantastic! I would like to Thank David Lee, Marty, Doc and everyone at Mego for giving us our childhoods back with not only AJ but all of these new figures!! Cant wait to see the new waves.
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Yeah, I’d love to snag an AJ as well. My favourite toy to play with as a kid was my AJ.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

Absolutely. He's my favorite too. I'd love to see more. Bela is great, but he's definitely new era Mego, not stretch silkscreen oven mitt era Mego.

I never owned AJ, have never held an original in my hands. This feels most like time travel.

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

The AJ figure is pretty rad. I hope they do more of them.

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

Given AJ got me into Megos, he's actually the one I was looking most forward to on his own merits. I wish they'd done some hair color variations, although painting the hair isn't a huge chore. I like the jumpsuit the best of any of the more recent versions of the character; fits really well and he moves easily in it. And the head is definitely AJ, but the features are very sharp, much more so than the original.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I'd love to see AJ and Dinah sets with each figure plus two outfits/accessories. DST-style, but affordable. I think the shelf appeal would be awesome, too.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MegoMonk
              Career Member
              • Jan 22, 2007

I found AJ at Target in Staten Island last night. So, it is the first new Mego I have in my hands. Others I ordered on target.com and still waiting for. AJ is on the dresser right next to my bed. Hope my wife does notice I moved our wedding picture to put it there!
              Last edited by MegoMonk; Aug 6, '18, 6:46 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• SKotK
                Career Member
                • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by MegoMonk
                I found AJ at Target in Staten Island last night. So, it is the first new Mego I have in my hands. Others I ordered on target.com and still waiting for. AJ is on the dresser right next to my bed. Hope my wife does notice I moved our wedding picture to put it there!
                I know we don't really know each other, but it's been nice knowin' ya, pal!

--SKot
                Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

I ordered 2 but they have not arrived yet. the possibilities with AJ were always endless

Comment

• powersthatbe
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 27, 2010

I got 2 AJs from online and the one number on him was 398 is that good? Never got into the numbering thing was just wondering.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

Action Jackson needs its own line

Back during the day, my brother & I would use the Action Jackson & there Outfits as villains & Henchmen to go up against the World's Greatest Super-Heroes. Since we read comic books we created our own Fisherman to battle against Aquaman, Sportsmaster & henchmen to go up against the JLA (Justice League Avengers). We created our own Batmen of Many Nations since Batman & Robin were out so much. So much fun back then.

Now that Action Jackson is back we need to see more of the variety they had back then:
                      Action Jackson outfits.jpgAction Jackson variety of heads.jpg

I like the fact that Action Jackson came in a rainbow of skin color and hair color. That was huge plus back in the day and needs to come back in style now.
                      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 12, 2014

I always wondered why they never made the AA AJ with a beard.

Comment

• phil
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 11, 2007

This is the figure I was most interested in out of this first batch of new figures. I still remember the day I bought my first Action Jackson way back when.
                          Last edited by phil; Aug 12, '18, 6:05 PM.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 11, 2013

Foreign Action Jackson

baravelli_aj.jpg

Still like this version of Action Jackson. What if Bruce Wayne didn't see a bat that night but a report on Action Jackson.
                            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

I ordered AJ from the website on July 31. still have not received. Ordered the Mirror Mirror set and Batman on Sunday and received them today. Target's shipping is all over the place

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎