X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

1000th wish post thread

Little House on the Prairie. Great appeal... Great easy to do likenesses. Never had a toy license that I know of. Plus it could be the anchor of dozens of classic western shows. Horses and wagons...cabins...old west buildings... Every costume is tied together and reusable. Each new western series could add one accessory and 4 figures and they would work well together.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I don't like Little House on the Prairie--I'm a Waltons fan! lol But I agree with you. I think a line like this, or a classic Western (Gunsmoke/Bonanza), would do well. LHP has family appeal and include several female characters, that's a plus.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
      Little House on the Prairie. Great appeal... ……. Never had a toy license that I know of.
      Back in the day some toy company made Laura and Carry dolls -- like baby doll style large dolls sold in individual boxes...

On a good day you can find them for like $40-$60 dollars apiece still boxed.

Comment

• bgiles73
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 14, 2010

I’m all for a Western line. I would like to have Bonanza characters. I’d also especially like to have John Wayne and Clint Eastwood’s many Western personas within my collection. With shows like Westworld and Deadwood on HBO and streaming, now is as good a time as ever to bring out characters from this genre.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

I would love to see a new mego westerns line up, I know American Character toys made Bonanza figures back in the day
          and they looked great and they included horses, chuck wagon and other cool stuff, I wish I had those, but I need my house.

But yes, new mego Bonanza/Gunsmoke plus maybe Maverick and Rifleman and Cheyenne, the list can go on and on
          and I think they would sell very well.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

Exactly my point. That's why I think using Little House as a starter point would basically provide background to the rest of the western lines. Plus the Breyer people love Western accessories. Metv...h&i...the market is built in.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 22, 2011

Definitely would love to see Gunsmoke, Rawhide, The Wild Wild West and The Big Valley.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎