God of Knock-offs
    • Nov 29, 2005

Why is Target now selling Dracula for $17.99

Why is Target now selling Dracula for $17.99

drac.jpg
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

that's been the price on the website all along. maybe the Lugosi license cost more?

Comment

• tmthor
      God of Knock-offs
      • Nov 29, 2005

But is that the price in stores too?

Comment

• jeffbearco
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 27, 2011

I haven't found them in stores yet, but I remember zooming in on someone's pictures and seeing that price on the shelf.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Legend of Link
          Career Member
          • Jun 12, 2010

I paid $14.99 in store and that’s what they’re being sold at. I know online has been a fluke for that figure but people didn’t have an issue price matching.

http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r561/Sgordy199/ <- My Mego Pictures

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

In store $14.99

Online $17.99

People are buying them at that price, so Target has no issue continuing to charge that much for them online. Dracula seems to sell the best, why not make a few extra bucks for him.

That said, his MSRP has to be the same as everyone else. So this is just Target taking advantage, whether intentional or not. It's stupid.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 20, 2011

I found two Dracs yesterday at TARGET and they rang up at $14.99 each. My advice; check your stores regularly and develop a good relationship with at least one crew member in the toy department. The guy I talk to all the time is very cool about letting me know what they have in backstock and keeps me informed on other cool stuff beyond MEGOS that he knows I’m interested in.
              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

My hope is Mego realizes that low price point is as relevant as the product they make. Part of Mego's legacy is affordability and I believe the new team knows that. Mego is now back on the shelves for everyone to enjoy and not just collectors. It's a new day.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 27, 2011

I got my Bela last night at the store and he was $14.99. I was actually surprised.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• comicmike
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
                    My hope is Mego realizes that low price point is as relevant as the product they make. Part of Mego's legacy is affordability and I believe the new team knows that. Mego is now back on the shelves for everyone to enjoy and not just collectors. It's a new day.
                    Incredibly well said.

How I've missed your written contributions to our community. Always happy to have your presence heard.

Comment

• tmthor
                      God of Knock-offs
                      • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by MIB41
                      Is it wrong to hope that the Price goes down a bit when they are true Mass retail. I swear i heard that was a possibility when they are mass market (as in selling everywhere in mass qty)
                      since it would lower the cost.

Comment

• batdan
                        • Feb 12, 2017

Weird, I bought my Bela on-line Sunday and it was listed at $14.99.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎