X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZombieJimC
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 12, 2014

New bodies

Ok, here I go with another one of my stupid ideas, which will probably get ignored like a lot of the stuff I post. We have the AJ body type 0, T1, T2, Type S, Ftc, and Doc bodies. Not counting the bodies made by the customizers. Anyway, do we call the new neck post one T18? Cause Mego returned in 2018. I dont know, its most likely more of my insanity showing.
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

I've been struggling with what to call them. I used "2018 Mego body" but that's a bit long.
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I'm thinking "T3."
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

Would T3 be too obvious?
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• ZombieJimC
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 12, 2014

T3 reminds of the type3 toys guy, John I believe. I figured its a new century, go with T18. But T3 works too.

Comment

• pmwasson
            Maker
            • Sep 12, 2007

T18 isn't bad. That way if the body gets tweeked we can use T19, etc.
            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

I smell a vote. 😉
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

If any of the Mego Insiders get a chance to do a nice interview with Doc, I'd love to hear about the development of the new body and the idea behind the changes to the original Mego design, specifically the neck/torso design and the change to theneck plug on the male figures.

Comment

• smonte00
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 19, 2005

That would make a great video. Kind of a behind the scenes documentary on the new figure design.

Comment

• pmwasson
                    Maker
                    • Sep 12, 2007

By the way, Norm is on a fat body. I'm glad its not just padding. So they made a new male, female and fat body so far.
                    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• comicmike
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 22, 2009

We'll need to consider there will likely be a New Mego 'phase 2' male bandless body; & likely a female one too

Comment

• tllgn
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 6, 2010

type -? .curiously there have been many variations of the mego body .if you stick with just Mego in name then type-3 would be fine,however if you factor in emce bodies then you have to say perhaps -type -5 or 6 .
                        if you count swivel arms ,screw backs ,and bbp figures,some of which used differant knee pins ,and then if you count s-bodies ,castaway,zica,ftc, etc .it can be confusing ,and then factor in the chick bodies variations.
                        and muscle body variations,then fats,and skins . ...oh what the ... ?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

How about the M2.0 or just M2? Since it's Mego 2.0 body. M, for Mego, and 2, because it's the second coming of Mego.

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 12, 2014

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                            How about the M2.0 or just M2? Since it's Mego 2.0 body. M, for Mego, and 2, because it's the second coming of Mego.
                            This is where I was at when I said T18. Type 0,1 & 2 were all based on the same body. This has a new torso/head thats why I was not really leaning toward T3. This new one is way different so it needs a new designation.

Comment

• hedrap
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 10, 2009

NuMego is not as drastic as change from T2 as T1 was into T2.

So if the new design isn't T3 out of respect, then...T2K? To signify "Type 2000's", but it also looks like a phonetic play on "tweak" which is what the design actually is; a tweak of the T2 neckplug and torso.

I would add that when Doc does a total overhaul - bandless, swivel joints, etc...that should be renamed totally as Msomething.
                              Last edited by hedrap; Jul 31, '18, 2:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎