X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hotfoot
    Dazed and Confused
    • Dec 30, 2007

Pez Heads

Anybody use Pez Heads for their customs?

I am thinking you fill the head with super sculpty or resin to make a neck plug.

Heads may be a little large but it might work.

I just found several duplicates of my Star Wars Pez that have come out of their packaging soooo....
    Too many toys. Not enough space!
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Actually, Pez heads are a great fit, I used a Darth Vader Pez head and I know Paul used an Emperor head
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• darklord1967
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 27, 2008

Well, I used a Pez head on my custom Batman... kind of.

See, I wanted to create a custom removable cowl Batman. I made the cowl out of two Batman Pez head dispensers that were glued together and then hollowed out with a Dremel to fit on the figure's head.

I also Dremeled away some of the surface details of the cowl that I didn't like (the over-extended brow, and the "rabbit" ears). And then I fabricated my own details with sheet styrene, filler putty, and tons of fine hand-sanding.

It took quite a few tries with the Pez heads to make the cowl look decent... and I mean A LOT of tries. I darn near gave up. But I persisted, and finally made one that fit on the figure's head without cracking apart like an egg shell. I still have five or six of the Batman Pez heads left over from having bought so many for this operation!

In the end, even though the cowl turned out really nice, I would not recommend using Pez heads for custom MEGOs. It takes a LOT of work to make one look good and to adjust the size differential for a correct proportional fit with the MEGO body.

But if you're up for the challenge, go for it!
      I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I got a bunch of 'em for customs; but haven't actually got around to making nay. Although if you cut the face of and Dremel out the Luke X-Wing one you can use the helmet on a Mego figure. I've got a bunch of racing helmets from some Majorette car sets that work too.

Don C.

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
          Mighty Man/Monster Maker
          • Aug 14, 2007

I've used a couple of them for customs. Actually, both of my pictures in the galleries use Pez for heads. They are big, though. It is kinda fun to combine two things from my childhood Pez and Mego.

I've noticed that the Klik candy dispensers are a little more in line with standard head size, though. I just recently got cool Fantastic Four dispensers and a couple of Iron Man on ebay.

The only retail place I ever see them sold is the dollar store.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
          https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
            MeGoing
            • May 14, 2003

I used Darth Vader and Storm Trooper ones. For Darth, I cut away the face of an old crappy head and joined the neck bit to the Pez head.

Comment

• Spyweb007
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 18, 2006

I've used several Pez heads for customs, the Star Wars ones work well and I also used Ninja Turtle Pez heads, just the right size. But some of the Pez heads are way to big, and some are perfect, they really vary in size from character to character. I also bought some Sesame Street ones to make some custom Megos for my little boy.

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                • Aug 14, 2007

Have you seen the new Batman pez? Super cool. I grabbed them all at the comic book store. I love buying stuff to break it.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
                https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• Brown Bear
                  Still Old School
                  • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by SlipperyLilSuckers
                  I used Darth Vader and Storm Trooper ones. For Darth, I cut away the face of an old crappy head and joined the neck bit to the Pez head.

Wow slippery, I checked out your pics in the gallery. Love the AJ collection. Plus a Kung Fu Studio for Big Jim? I got one of those as well. Big fan of both these figure lines. I really like how you display the KF Studio.

Sweet collection.
                  Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

I've used a Pez head for Mr. Incredible before...it seemed to fit.
                    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• csxernie
                      choochooU grad
                      • Aug 8, 2007

i found the klik brand at dollar tree. alot cheaper than ebay
                      Ok. Orphans! Listen to Ignacio. I know it is fun to wrestle. A nice piledrive to the face... or a punch to the face... but you cannot do it. Because, it is in the Bible not to wrestle your neighbour.

Comment

• Hotfoot
                        Dazed and Confused
                        • Dec 30, 2007

Anybody Got Pictures?
                        Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• livnxxxl
                          Megoholic RocketScientist
                          • Oct 23, 2007

I have both the Pez and Klik brands although I have yet to do anything with them as far as customs. I keep sizing them up to see what fits the best. Before I go cutting into anything I will make a cast of it first and work off of the cast. This way I will not ruin the original piece AND I can have multiple copies if so needed to "experiment with".
                          Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎