X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

Mego Tootie

I bought an extra Tootie the other day at Target mainly because I think there is some customization opportunities with her. Thought I'd post these comparison pics along side an older Doc Mego female body and an original Mego body.

Pretty solid Doc Mego body with maybe a few tiny tweaks? The shoulders are still not as good as the original Mego shoulder joints but the arms don't seem like they want to stick out to the sides as much as the original Doc body.
    ZERO issues with posing her (are you reading this FTC?) or getting her to stand on her own.
    Nice tight joints.
    They have lost a joint by redesigning the neck post but I think this is much better.
    The clothing is very well made and fits/secures nicely. Really good detail.
    Given that the character wore roller skates in the first season, it would have been kinda cool to see those as an accessory instead of her notebook. Just a thought.
    I'm not hating the painted on socks. On this figure. I hope we don't see painted on clothing begin to be a "thing".
    My ONLY real issue with this particular figure is she isn't nearly dark enough and she doesn't really scream Kim Fields but hell, Mego is BACK!

IMG_2107.jpg

IMG_2109.jpg

IMG_2110.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

IMG_2114.jpg
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Great review! Thanks for the pics. It was good to see what the new female Mego body looks like and I appreciate the added context by showing the compare. Nicely done.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you for the review, I find stuff like this very helpful. Nice eye detailing on Tootie.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 4, 2011

Not sure how this ended up getting posted twice within an hour....
        Anyway, I was thinking with some touch up on the paint maybe she'd make a good Cindy Lee sidekick for Isis?

Comment

• lilbrosj66
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 4, 2011

Not sure how this ended up getting posted twice within an hour....
          Anyway, I was thinking with some touch up on the paint maybe she'd make a good Cindy Lee sidekick for Isis?
          And, I just noticed on looking at the pics again that they have changed the design of the hands as well. No more pins in the wrist like in Doc's original female body.
          The hips are a bit narrower as well.

Comment

• comicmike
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 22, 2009

I bought an extra Tootie the other day at Target mainly because I think there is some customization opportunities with here. Thought I'd post these comparison pics along side an older Doc Mego female body and an original Mego body. Pretty solid Doc Mego body with maybe a few tiny tweaks. The shoulders are still not as good

Originally posted by comicmike
            Wow,man,thanks a lot for posting her pics. Aren't those Rascals / Our Gang Darla shoes,but in black? And I think I see a hybrid of original 8" Female bodies and 6+" Female Teen bodies...Very *Cool*! These appear to be much more to scale for female body scales,IMO.

Comment

• darkbros
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by comicmike
              And I think I see a hybrid of original 8" Female bodies and 6+" Female Teen bodies...Very *Cool*!
              That EXACTLY what I thought when I saw these pics.

Originally posted by lilibrosj66
              My ONLY real issue with this particular figure is she isn't nearly dark enough
              and that's what I thought WHEN I SAW HER....in person.

I feel she'll be Peg Warmer material much like Darkseid was in the Mattel RAH line, her and Alice.
              if so she'll be good for customs..( Bumblebee from Teen Titans comes to mind.....)
              Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• spockoda
                Museum Super Collector
                • Jan 14, 2018

I saw a video online where somebody was talking to Dr. Mego about things Mego might do and he mentioned if something or someone had a pretty decent sized fan base to support it being made. Does The Facts Of Life have that kind of fan base numbers? I can see some of the other tv shows and all that they've done but no disrespect intended I wasn't aware of this. If they can do Facts Of Life, why not do Night Court?

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

If they can do Facts of Life, they should be able to do anything. I would like to see new mego take a shot at
                  M*A*S*H* figures, I would assume more people watched that then Facts of Life.

But now that FOL Tootie is out, it would be weird if new mego didn't come out with more characters like Jo, Blair
                  and Misses Garrett? I just don't see these being big sellers like MASH would be, plus you could add vehicles
                  like a jeep and helicopter.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎