PDA

View Full Version : Help with GI Joe military jeep

MRP
Jul 28, '18, 2:25 PM
A local estate sale has a pair of GI Joe jeeps available. I had a bunch of Adventure Team stuff as a kid in the early 70s, but from talking to the folks who run the estate sale, these were from circa 1968ish.

One was in decent shape and had a trailer, the other is a bit banged up and just the jeep. I tried looking on ebay to see what a good price was and couldn't come up with anything that was a good match, but did see that there were Marx toys scaled to GI Joe that weren't actual Joe toys, and there was a jeep among them. I will post a pic below from the estate sale site of the two jeeps, but I was wondering if someone more familiar than I with classic Joe could tell me if this is an actual GI Joe jeep or a Marx and what would be a good price range for these in the condition they are in to help me decide if I want to go back for these or not (assuming they are still available)

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/37267964_1738627872851262_8146102451271892992_o.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=699a4892acc097bcefc6ae912102c889&oe=5BC9BE4E

they were asking $40 for the jeep/trailer set and $5 for the banged up jeep, but prices are reduced for everything left on Sunday.

-M

thunderbolt
Jul 28, '18, 5:06 PM
its Hasbro Joe. They'd have sued the pants off Marx if they put the GI Joe name on the hood like that. :) Ebay should have tons of them for sale

thunderbolt
Jul 28, '18, 5:07 PM
here is what it should look like:
http://www.vintage3djoes.com/official-jeep-combat-set.html

Honestly those are both worth about 5 bucks. I'd leave them behind and find a better set somewhere.

MRP
Jul 28, '18, 11:02 PM
its Hasbro Joe. They'd have sued the pants off Marx if they put the GI Joe name on the hood like that. :) Ebay should have tons of them for sale

Thank you for the response. I vaguely remember some friends of the family had that jeep, but it was my fiends older brothers who had it. so it was a few years before my Joe years. I saw a few listings for the jeep with the gun on ebay but wasn't sure if it was the same piece, as I don't remember the gun form seeing it as a kid. I am more interested in getting some of the Adventure Team stuff I had than the older military vehicles, but if it was a good deal I might have bit on it.

-M

Neutron X
Jul 28, '18, 11:16 PM
The jeep was issued through the 70s. What is often missing is windshield, steering wheel, and tailgate. The problem with jeeps is they take up a lot of room. Great piece but one to watch as far as space eaters.

thunderbolt
Jul 30, '18, 4:31 PM
I found a complete one on ebay for under 100. The seller ate it on shipping, too. Two boxes to get it here.

MRP
Jul 30, '18, 11:34 PM
Thanks for all the help. The one with the trailer had sold before I got back and I passed on the beat up one. i'll keep looking for other Joe stuff though.

-M