X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

Found em and random thoughts

Found a pretty nice setup at a Target. None of the others have them but this was nicely packed. Oddly the rarest figure in this setup was Norm. Not because he had sold out but because he was the only one there. Didn’t look like more than one or two figures had been sold, if that. I bought a bunch but haven’t gotten to mess around with them yet. Cards are nice. Dracula is my favorite but several look good. Norm has charm.

I really worry about certain things though. This store had a fair amount of Alice and Tootie. I really doubt those are going to move. And since the cases seem to be randomly filled, I fear as the Draculas and Star Trek figures sell these could be potentially restocked with even more Tooties and Alices. Could be an issue down the line since the ratios are so wonky.

A couple older people walked by and looked at them. One held up the 2 pack of I Dream of Jeannie and the laughed. She put it back down.

A little girl walked by and pointed at Alice and said “Oh Alice” like it was something cool. She didn’t buy it though. I kinda think she thought it was from Alice in Wonderland.

Anywho it’s awesome to see them out in the wild. I hope sales go well. Looking forward to more monsters and hopefully AJ variants! Happy hunting all!
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

definitely a nice looking end cap display

Comment

• Frank
      Veteran Member
      • May 2, 2009

Location? State? Still nothing here in Delaware.

Comment

• drogge
        Career Member
        • Jul 24, 2009

I went to the local Target in my area, they were not in stock but the person who checked his hand held inventory device said they will be out by June 29 or 30th. But most interesting is when I looked over his shoulder, the device listed characters coming out in the next waves. I won't give anything away but OMG. This could have all been a dream...

Comment

• Liu Bei
          Banned
          • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by drogge
          I went to the local Target in my area, they were not in stock but the person who checked his hand held inventory device said they will be out by June 29 or 30th. But most interesting is when I looked over his shoulder, the device listed characters coming out in the next waves. I won't give anything away but OMG. This could have all been a dream...
          Why won't you mention what is coming in the next wave, just out of curiosity? It's not like it would change anything. Speculating and talking about future waves/releases is a normal part of collecting. It's not like Target or Mego would suddenly scrap everything because someone on a message board mentioned a release in advance.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Liu Bei
            Why won't you mention what is coming in the next wave, just out of curiosity? It's not like it would change anything. Speculating and talking about future waves/releases is a normal part of collecting. It's not like Target or Mego would suddenly scrap everything because someone on a message board mentioned a release in advance.
            Kinda like peeking behind the wrapping paper weeks before Xmas so there's no fun or surprise on Xmas morning. Sure, it doesn't change anything, it might just kill the surprise in the long term however.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• drogge
              Career Member
              • Jul 24, 2009

I won't say anything. It is up to the wonderful folks who worked so hard to get these Mego's out to make announcements. Besides just go to Target and have an associate look them up.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Have you seen the thread where some are actually listed? If so, do they match what you spied?

Here's what somebody posted.

- Samantha - Bewitched
                - Wizard of OZ - Lion
                - Universal Studios Monsters Lon Chaney Jr. - Frankenstein
                - Universal Studios Monsters Lon Chaney Jr. - Wolfman
                - Star Trek Mirror Mirror - Sulu and Uhura 2-pack
                - Star Trek - Romulan
                - Star Trek - Gorn
                Last edited by LonnieFisher; Jul 26, '18, 5:58 PM.

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Wow!! That is a beautiful site!! Nice Pic's...thanks for posting them!!
                  sigpic

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 12, 2014

Originally posted by drogge
                    The kid at Target I talked to today said come back on the sixth and mentioned Superman when he was reading off some of the names. Doc already mentioned Supes in the SDCC video coming in the second wave. So it didnt surprise me. I wonder if they will just stock the other waves as soon as they get them? If Superman does arrive I guess they will put him out with the wave one figures. I will be living at Target.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                      Permanent Member
                      • May 15, 2009

Superman is a 14 incher if he’s coming.

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 12, 2014

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                        Superman is a 14 incher if he’s coming.
                        So he can kneel.

Comment

• drogge
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 24, 2009

And more.

Comment

• wise guy
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 29, 2014

I hope that is the list for wave 2 definitely wan't Gorn, Uhura,Wolfman and Frankenstein.
                            The end cap looks good and there a lot of Alice figures to sell before I can get a Gorn.
                            Is there more 14 '' DC coming out because I no longer trust pics of these and have to see them in hand . I do wish Cliff Clavin in a mailman uniform gets added to wave 2

Comment

• drogge
                              Career Member
                              • Jul 24, 2009

The waves appear to be coming out close together, I need to work some OT. Thankfully these are more affordable than FTC

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎