Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Eighties Were a Dark Time...for Heroes.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

The Eighties Were a Dark Time...for Heroes.

I was just musing on some of the heroes of 80s tv which never got a lot of toy inventory...or respect haha.
    Manimal. Automan. Mantis. Darkman. Nightman...I could be imagining that one... I picture these released as head and outfit combos on a card.
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Nightman, Automan, Mantis, Darkman were done in the 90's. Nightman had an action figure released under the Ultraforce cartoon line, Automan had an action figure released, Darkman had an action figure released in 2004.
    Automan action figure 1.jpg
    Nightman action figure 1.jpg
    dARKMAN ACTION FIGURE.jpg
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Jul 26, '18, 12:06 AM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Klosterheim
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 23, 2013

The Highwayman might have been good for a toy line, if the show wasn't cancelled.

I would have been into a playset and seaplane if they made them from Tales of the Gold Monkey.

Many possibilities in the 1980's!

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Darkman actually had a lot of merchandise released.

There was a Marvel comics mini-series followed by a regular series, as well as a magazine.
        A company called Classic Plastic released a model kit, and there were two full head licensed masks by Alterian Studios.
        Two direct-to-video sequels were released along with a series of paperback novels.

SOTA Toys released two different action figures, and a mini bust. Sideshow produced a 1/4 scale premium format figure, and most recently,
        Trick or Treat studios has released a third full head mask.

AlterianStudios-Darkman-Mask-Ad.jpg
        CPD.jpg
        72121_press03.jpg

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
          Career Member
          • Nov 22, 2011

80's were a bad time for hero's and comics but, it was a great time for movies, music and partying. I loved the 80's. Reagan was President, Women had poor judgement and Aids was a diet candy. I miss the 80's SO much.
          Youth is always wasted on the young...
          "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

double post
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
              Women had poor judgement ...
              And as long as they can't take you down via social media etc in 2018 for what you did back then... you're golden. Good luck.
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                Permanent Member
                • Jun 29, 2018

Manimal and Automan were both 1983. I knew he wasn't around in the 90s lol. And I said under toyed. And Sideshow figures are not usually given to kids to play with. My whole point is I think these would be fun figures that could use a release in the Mego world way more than Charmed.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                  Career Member
                  • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by huedell
                  And as long as they can't take you down via social media etc in 2018 for what you did back then... you're golden. Good luck.
                  No smartphones back then. Only Polaroid instant picture cameras and I kept the pics but, all that's for a completely different kind of forum to discuss.

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
                    No smartphones back then. Only Polaroid instant picture cameras and I kept the pics but, all that's for a completely different kind of forum to discuss.
                    In my post, when I said "via social media" I wasn't referring to posted images.... virtually none of the hashtag MeToo "hauntings from yesteryear" were accompanied with images... yet quite a few men were otherwise "tributed".

And when I said "Good luck" I meant it sincerely.... because I've read those stories.

But, you sound very confident. So, what do you need with "luck"?

You should be fine.

Women scorned aren't known to be persistent or industrious.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                      Career Member
                      • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by huedell
                      In my post, when I said "via social media" I wasn't referring to posted images.... virtually none of the hashtag MeToo "hauntings from yesteryear" were accompanied with images... yet quite a few men were otherwise "tributed".

And when I said "Good luck" I meant it sincerely.... because I've read those stories.

But, you sound very confident. So, what do you need with "luck"?

You should be fine.

Women scorned aren't known to be persistent or industrious.

Not confident. Just thankful I made it this far

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎