X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OCSuperman
    Museum Patron
    • Sep 4, 2014

Mego reveals ... hhm.

I started this thread because there are a lot of comments spread out over various other threads.

So, what do you think of the reveals?

I'm on the fence ... packaging looks good, figs look fun, but likenesses are concerning. In my opinion, the figures are looking good, for example Cheers Norm and Charlie's Angels Kelly Garrett BUT they don't really resemble the characters/actors.

Thoughts? (This isn't meant to be a negative thread, I'm just curious what others think).
  • Capt_Kirk
    Career Member
    • Nov 22, 2011

I love the Trek figures but, I'd like to see the shirts color closer to the color pallet and I'd would've liked more accessories as well as a resealable card. I loved what they did with the two mirror universe figures. The box set is a very good idea.

Wonder Woman. I'm just ok with the figure. I'm not sure if they were going for a Lynda Carter look. If that was the goal, they failed. If not, it's fair except I don't like the costume much. I'm not going to collect the 14" figures "Maybe the Batman" because I'm a huge Batman & Trek fan. I already collect 12" hot toys and Mego. I don't need another size to drop money into. Especially with all the new Megos and FTC being released.

The other 8 inch Mego figures that I've heard are coming out so far are not my thing. I will buy some of them for customs but that's about it. Cheers was a good show but, I'll buy the Kristy Alley for a Lt. Savik figure. I'll have to see the others first. I will hold out for Star Trek, DC, Marvel.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

I think some of the properties are questionable for success but the Mego-style likenesses are there.

Good to see the figures don't have that idiotic grin most CTVT's re-Megos have.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

was there a reveal photo of the mirror universe figures? I did not see that.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

the embarrassment of riches in 2018 =meh?

I don't understand that mindset or the energy people have associated with this.

This is just the beginning, I'm not into everything presented either but I can't wait for what's next.

I read every response last night on social media, I'm appalled at the language and how some people see the world. pretty bleak. These are just collectible toys.

Didn't get the license you want? Maybe you will, this is just wave one, three waves are coming and new surprises abound.

I'm just going to stare at this abundance for a while, buy a Dracula and enjoy what's happening.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• JediJaida
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 14, 2008

I love them
            I'm not into Norm, or Charlie's Angels, but the figures are so great, I will definitely buy them.

Same for the Mirror Kirk and Spock, Sulu, Chekov, Jeannie and Tony and possibly Jimi Hendrix.

It's about time we got a decent AA figure.

Now if only Uhura comes out looking like Nichelle Nichols, I will be very happy.
            JediJaida

Comment

• Mary Canary
              Career Member
              • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by palitoy
              the embarrassment of riches in 2018 =meh?

I don't understand that mindset or the energy people have associated with this.

This is just the beginning, I'm not into everything presented either but I can't wait for what's next.

I read every response last night on social media, I'm appalled at the language and how some people see the world. pretty bleak. These are just collectible toys.

Didn't get the license you want? Maybe you will, this is just wave one, three waves are coming and new surprises abound.

I'm just going to stare at this abundance for a while, buy a Dracula and enjoy what's happening.
              I have to agree with this.
              Everything might not be for everyone... but there is something for everyone.
              I was riding shotgun last night as you were posting everything and forwarding to my friends.
              I don't want a Cheers figure or a Jimi Hendrix, but I'm still excited to see what Mego is doing.
              And when Charlie's Angels popped up, I was so shocked and happy.
              Like you said, these are just toys... If people don't like them, there's more toys out there, move on.

Comment

• tmthor
                God of Knock-offs
                • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
                I love the Trek figures but, I'd like to see the shirts color closer to the color pallet and I'd would've liked more accessories as well as a resealable card. I loved what they did with the two mirror universe figures. The box set is a very good idea.

Wonder Woman. I'm just ok with the figure. I'm not sure if they were going for a Lynda Carter look. If that was the goal, they failed. If not, it's fair except I don't like the costume much. I'm not going to collect the 14" figures "Maybe the Batman" because I'm a huge Batman & Trek fan. I already collect 12" hot toys and Mego. I don't need another size to drop money into. Especially with all the new Megos and FTC being released.

The other 8 inch Mego figures that I've heard are coming out so far are not my thing. I will buy some of them for customs but that's about it. Cheers was a good show but, I'll buy the Kristy Alley for a Lt. Savik figure. I'll have to see the others first. I will hold out for Star Trek, DC, Marvel.
                It's funny when I saw the Wonder Woman figure I instantly thought "Super Friends version"

Comment

• OCSuperman
                  Museum Patron
                  • Sep 4, 2014

This isn't meant be a negative/gripe thread. I was just asking about likenesses.

I am excited for several of the upcoming figures (for me Wiz of Oz and Brady Bunch will be fun) ... the tv favorites are exciting, I just think the likenesses are generic ... was wondering if it was me.

For example Charlie's Angels = YES! But Kelly G doesn't really look like J Smith ... this said I cannot say I won't buy them!
                  Last edited by OCSuperman; Jul 19, '18, 7:51 AM.

Comment

• boss
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 18, 2003

Threads like this are the equivalent of saying “I don’t mean to be rude” and then saying something rude.
                    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by boss
                      Threads like this are the equivalent of saying “I don’t mean to be rude” and then saying something rude.
                      I liken it more to your highschool age little sis asking if her azz looks fat in these jeans and you telling her "they look fine" knowing they are clearly 2 sizes too small.

Comment

• Your pal, Jim
                        Museum Patron
                        • Apr 3, 2015

I'm definitely into the Star Trek stuff. I'm in for the Mirror 2-pack and hopefully they redo McCoy, as I currently don't have one. Other than that, I'm looking forward to seeing the next wave.

FTC supposedly has a big August coming up so I guess it's good I don't have both Mego/Mego-style companies competing for my toy money too hard at the same time!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                          Moderation Engineer
                          • Aug 14, 2003

I look at it this way: There's something for everyone, except the a--holes.

sports/sci-fi/tv/movies/heroes/monsters/icons/60s/70s/80s..............

AND MORE TO COME

Comment

• jeffbearco
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 27, 2011

I'm loving some of the figures. As you said, some of it definitely isn't for me unless I want to use them for customizing.

I'm more surprised by the number of female figures! Normally the female figures are done as an after thought. But Charlie's Angels and Charmed are both female led lines. I'm also impressed that Wonder Woman came out before Superman.

I wonder if there is a chance for Buffy the Vampire Slayer to go with the other female led lines.

So far, I'm jut glad to see Mego coming out strong.

Kirk and Spock Mirror Mirror will probably be my first purchase!!!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                              Persistent Member
                              • Mar 12, 2014

I love all of them so far. I would like to own them all. Not sure if I can afford everything but I want em all.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎