• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frank
    Veteran Member
    • May 2, 2009

Actual release day at Target?

Hello everyone,

Ok, so from all that I’ve read thes new Mego figures are set to be released in stores and online on Sunday 7/29/18 - is that correct? Will all Target store get these for the 7/29/18 release? Wonder if the figures will be featured in their weekly ad for that week? Any concrete intel would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Frank
  • Liu Bei
    Banned
    • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Frank
    Hello everyone,

Ok, so from all that I’ve read thes new Mego figures are set to be released in stores and online on Sunday 7/29/18 - is that correct? Will all Target store get these for the 7/29/18 release? Wonder if the figures will be featured in their weekly ad for that week? Any concrete intel would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Frank
    Everyone involved (including Target) has said they will be out on the 29th, in stores and online. I'd start checking online around midnight, and be at Target's physical location when they open the doors.

Comment

• Ivaniski
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 24, 2007

I have 3 Targets at close proximity to me (2 at Bronx, New York and 1 at Mount Vernon). I'm gonna be tracking them down on the release date.

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

I swung by target today just to scope it out. They seemed to be in the process of refreshing the toy section.
        Last edited by pmwasson; Jul 17, '18, 6:43 PM.
        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by pmwasson
          I swung by target today just to scope it out. The seemed to be in the process of refreshing the toy section.
          I noticed the same thing today.
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• TomStrong
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 22, 2011

Florence, Al was getting an end cap cleaned off when I was in on Saturday. My daughter and I were so excited.

Comment

• ZombieJimC
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 12, 2014

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
              I noticed the same thing today.
              Thats funny you guys went there today, so did my brother. That Instagram photo with Chekhov and Alice now has him on the hunt. I think the Instagram guy said there was only three of each character.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

I was buying other stuff actually but I couldn't help but notice a major portion of the store was under construction.
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                  Permanent Member
                  • May 15, 2009

It may take a bit. Even once they start showing up, sometimes certain Targets take a while to get things and if these end up on an endcap, some Targets may not even get them. It depends on the plannogram. The new Ducktales figures launched earlier this month, but it's taken a while for many Targets to get them in. And there's some Targets that don't have the endcap display at all, meaning those Targets don't have the figures. So I'd say if you show up on the 29th and they aren't there, check a bigger Target.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 20, 2011

I went by my nearest TARGET Tuesday afternoon to check and see if anything was out early. My particular store was clearing off two entire six foot sections of what I call the “pop culture” wall at the back of the store behind electronics. I have a feeling that’s likely where the MEGOs will live, at least in Clarksville.
                    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

I have a Target right across from my neighborhood at a very huge mall, so I hope this particular one has the
                      new mego line release.

I'm also wondering if the new megos will ever appear at local Walmarts which at one time was Kresges, and local comic book shops, the comic shop in my area had both FTC and EMCE Diamond Select figures on the rack.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

I thought it was suppose to be August 1st for the release?

Comment

• tmthor
                          God of Knock-offs
                          • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                          I have a Target right across from my neighborhood at a very huge mall, so I hope this particular one has the
                          new mego line release.

I'm also wondering if the new megos will ever appear at local Walmarts which at one time was Kresges, and local comic book shops, the comic shop in my area had both FTC and EMCE Diamond Select figures on the rack.
                          Most likely after the Taget Exclusive deal is over.

That being said I have noticed since TRU's demise Walmart and Target are upping their Exclusive offerings in the Toy Dept.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                            Banned
                            • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                            I thought it was suppose to be August 1st for the release?
                            The official release date, according to all parties involved, is July 29th.

July 11, 2018 -- Ready for a blast from the past? Toymaker Mego and industry legend Marty Abrams, co-founder and CEO of Mego Corporation, are recreating the company’s famous action figure line, and Target will be the exclusive retailer. The new line of collectibles hits stores and Target.com July 29

Comment

• pmwasson
                              Maker
                              • Sep 12, 2007

I plan to swing by Saturday the 28th in the evening, just in case they set up early, and then go back Sunday the 29th right when they open.
                              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎