PDA

View Full Version : Anyone besides me that wants Dinah mite brought back?

JediJaida
Jul 13, '18, 11:49 AM
I mean, why not? She and Action Jackson were the first figures produced by Mego before they did WGSH, or the other licenses.

Her head was properly sized, even if her side glancing eyes threw you off a bit. And yes, some of the outfits made for her were horrid, but she was a great figure.

I'd like to see different skin tones, hair colors and textures. Better outfits, sewing patterns, sturdier boots and shoes.

Updated bike, off road trike vehicle, new van, and palomino.

SAS-KY
Jul 13, '18, 12:27 PM
I believe David Lee had a sign at his booth at Mego Meet that said Dinah Mite was coming soon.

JediJaida
Jul 13, '18, 12:55 PM
Squeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Gramercyplace
Jul 13, '18, 1:07 PM
I’m down! If for no other reason, the cornucopia of accessories and getups that would entail. Also, a new female body with in-scale head options. Who could ask for more? :)

JediJaida
Jul 13, '18, 1:30 PM
Heck, even the old head with front facing eyes would be great!

Mikey
Jul 13, '18, 6:58 PM
AJ will be lonely without his honey

tllgn
Jul 14, '18, 5:39 PM
sure ,bring back dinah-mite ,if your gonna bring back action jackson ,they got to bring back dinah ,standard dinah,black dinah and health spa dinah ,and don .i have all the orignal dinahs also her beach house and
the supergirl-dinah ( rood ) so some retro dinahs would be rather nice .

JediJaida
Jul 14, '18, 5:42 PM
I've got loads of Rood Dinah's. Okay, she suffers from the melon sized noggin. But I prefer her to the standard Dinah. No separate ball waist joint, so she appears taller.

Gramercyplace
Jul 14, '18, 6:12 PM
I used a Rood Supergirl/Dinah body for my Giganta custom. She towers over the other Legion of Doom members in bare feet, but she’s still in scale. :)

ZombieJimC
Jul 14, '18, 6:35 PM
What is a rood Dinah?

PNGwynne
Jul 14, '18, 6:37 PM
That's interesting, I had no idea the Rood dolls were different.

JediJaida
Jul 14, '18, 6:54 PM
What is a rood Dinah?

She was made in Holland for the European market.

Her head was larger than the standard Dinah, with a different face paint. Her hair is usually in a flip, and she wears a pink and turquoise blue jumpsuit with white boots.

Her torso and ball waist joint are combined, as well as the torso being slightly taller than the standard one; making her maybe a 1/4 inch taller than the original Dinah.

PNGwynne
Jul 14, '18, 7:17 PM
Is the head the same as the Health Spa Dinah?

JediJaida
Jul 14, '18, 7:43 PM
Not quite. The eyes are painted differently, but that's about it.

PNGwynne
Jul 14, '18, 8:20 PM
Thanks--I had bought a Spa Dinah for a custom Guinevere and had wondered about the difference.

Back on topic, I'd like a repro Dinah in a larger boxed set with a couple of outfits.

tllgn
Jul 14, '18, 8:35 PM
A very rude,doll.not really it was the Dinah sold as supergirl ( not the hero ) in Holland .she stands a bit taller then standard
Dinah sold here in the us.her torso is longer.which makes her taller.i bought a couple of these.its a rather nice Dinah.i think
The best Dinah is the health spa Dinah.would like ro see any Dinah by mego corp.

JediJaida
Jul 14, '18, 8:41 PM
Thanks--I had bought a Spa Dinah for a custom Guinevere and had wondered about the difference.

Back on topic, I'd like a repro Dinah in a larger boxed set with a couple of outfits.

I just checked out the ad circular for 1975, and next to King Arthur was a Health Spa Dinah dressed as Guinevere

PNGwynne
Jul 14, '18, 9:13 PM
Yes, that's also in the Mego catalog page featured in the museum gallery. That's where I "stole" the idea.

cdhall
Jul 15, '18, 12:10 AM
They should make a female, I’m assuming Dinah was like Action Jackson.
They should then sell loose female Trek Uniforms so we could get some ladies in uniform on the USS Enterprise.
Several races would be great. Caucasian, African, Asian, Latin. Brunette, Redhead, Blonde. I’d put 7-8 on active duty.
I guess since there is a dearth of females, if they sold a six pack or twelve pack of mixed ladies and I could buy Trek uniforms for them, I’d buy six or twelve and commission them immediately.

Mego does need a display case...

I have a thought right now of buying a large clear storage container like the one my Enterprise Playset is stored in and customizing it to be the Rec Room or some other large area of the Enterprise. So I can store these in a way that I can see them.

Laser Mego makes a stand to help me display everyone standing up in a secure way, yes? I’ll go look.

cdhall
Jul 15, '18, 12:43 AM
Laser Mego makes a stand to help me display everyone standing up in a secure way, yes? I’ll go look.

I see that he does indeed still have stands online!
I’ll order 6 or 12 of these before I place my order at Target!
http://www.lasermego.com/store/stand

ZombieJimC
Jul 15, '18, 10:25 AM
She was made in Holland for the European market.

Her head was larger than the standard Dinah, with a different face paint. Her hair is usually in a flip, and she wears a pink and turquoise blue jumpsuit with white boots.

Her torso and ball waist joint are combined, as well as the torso being slightly taller than the standard one; making her maybe a 1/4 inch taller than the original Dinah.

Cool Thanks.

JediJaida
Jul 15, '18, 2:06 PM
If she is brought back on Doc's current body, I'm perfectly willing to wait until the new body is made, then do a head swap.

lilbrosj66
Jul 15, '18, 5:14 PM
I mean, why not? She and Action Jackson were the first figures produced by Mego before they did WGSH, or the other licenses.

Her head was properly sized, even if her side glancing eyes threw you off a bit. And yes, some of the outfits made for her were horrid, but she was a great figure.

I'd like to see different skin tones, hair colors and textures. Better outfits, sewing patterns, sturdier boots and shoes.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Capt Kirk
Jul 22, '18, 5:46 PM

Yep, right here- AJ's back, GOTTA getta Dinah!
...hey, there's their tagline for her, right there...

The Bat
Jul 22, '18, 7:15 PM
I'd buy a Dinah Mite Mego! Yup 😊

jeffbearco
Jul 23, '18, 9:03 AM
What made Dinah and Action Jackson great were the accessory packs.
I remember the Christmas I got an Action Jackson that came on a big board with several accessory packs. I had different outfits for all of my Megos and hours of play!

JeffBearCO

JediJaida
Jul 23, '18, 2:00 PM
If we really want her back, we will have to step up our game.

We need to put our devious heads together and start coming up with some modern, sharp outfits that don't have any vinyl cloth involved.

monitor_ep
Jul 23, '18, 10:05 PM

I would so love to get Dinah back in action with proper sized heads and better bodies. I would also like to get new and old outfits. It took me a long time to find the nurse outfit so I could make more Marvel Comics Night Nurses like my
Night Nurse Claire Temple

JediJaida
Jul 24, '18, 7:42 AM
I managed to get a Dinah sized nurse outfit off of ebay, years ago, made from actual cotton fabric, not plastic sheeting. I'll see if I can dig her up.

jeffbearco
Jul 24, '18, 9:08 AM
Current clothes would be cool. But there have to be some MOD fashions to dress Wonder Woman in. LOL

JeffBearCO

JediJaida
Jul 24, '18, 10:20 AM
There's cute MOD, and then there's OMG MOD.

PNGwynne
Jul 31, '18, 3:57 PM
All I know is, now that I've seen new Action Jackson, I'd love to have Dinah-Mite as a complement.

lilbrosj66
Jul 31, '18, 8:58 PM
I'd honestly prefer that Mego use their original female bodies instead of the new ones. I like the shoulders on the original ones better. They were easier to pose and the metal hooks didn't get hung up on her armpits or pop out like these can. I also prefer the original waist as opposed to the updated one though that isn't a deal breaker for me by any means. Just a preference thing. The original body with this new, attached neck would be near perfect in my book. I'm kind of a purist that way.

JediJaida
Aug 3, '18, 9:10 PM
I like the original bodies too; especially the Holland version of Dinah. It was darn near perfect. Longer torso, waist ball integrated into the upper body, and the elastics for the original bodies has yet to wear out in a lot of cases. Just lose the melon noggin, update the wardrobe, and she's good to go.

JediJaida
Aug 4, '18, 5:43 PM
It just occurred to me that Mego can still do the 12 inch foll gig, as long as they aren't any of the licensed properties. They can do 12 inc Dinah and Action Jackson, and make them compatible with the 12 inch doll clothing options that are on the internet.

JediJaida
Aug 4, '18, 7:10 PM
It just occurred to me that Mego can still do the 12 inch foll gig, as long as they aren't any of the licensed properties. They can do 12 inc Dinah and Action Jackson, and make them compatible with the 12 inch doll clothing options that are on the internet.

Timothy2251
Aug 5, '18, 4:23 AM

The way you think - I like it!

lilbrosj66
Aug 5, '18, 6:03 PM

Well that is frikkin' BRILLIANT! Can you imagine how cool that would be?

JediJaida
Aug 5, '18, 7:09 PM
Sorry about the multiple posts.

But yes, it would be extremely cool.

Either blow up the body used in Holland to 12 inches or use the body Doc was working on a couple of years back blown up to 12 inches.

Just make sure the head is in the right proportion, and make sure that she can fit into the outfits available for that size.

Also, make sure that there are clothing patterns made for those of us that like to sew from scratch.

Hedji
Aug 5, '18, 8:44 PM
All I know is, now that I've seen new Action Jackson, I'd love to have Dinah-Mite as a complement.

I completely agree. I love non-licensed character toys. Jackson needs a friend. I never owned a Dinah Mite. I’d love to get a new one, and I’d love for kids to have the opportunity to find them on the pegs at Target.

JediJaida
Aug 6, '18, 5:12 AM
The vintage Dinah dolls on ebay can be pretty good, depending upon how picky you are. Nudge figures are relatively cheap, while NIB figures are more expensive.

The AA Dinah and Spa Dinah are even more expensive due to their being somewhat rare.

JediJaida
Aug 6, '18, 8:51 AM
We could possibly push for fairy tale outfits, as long as they don't resemble anything to do with Disney.

Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, etc., could all be dressed in completely different outfits.

Cindy and Beauty could wear stuff from the Baroque period. Belle could wear late 17th to early 18th century stuff.