X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noelani72
    27inaleon
    • Jun 25, 2002

ever since Mego came back...

I have been hooked on re-living these episodes. Strangely, excitingly, it is like watching them for the first time...

Star-Trek-TOS-Season-3-posteredited-mn3xzbasr884n3gz60nik3sr6vkhpjeoot93eovgu0.jpg
  • RobTMego
    Career Member
    • Mar 15, 2013

I just did that last year and also complete every Star Trek Franchise except the new ABC one that I refuse to pay for, LOL

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I used to do that a lot when compiling my vintage collection, if i won an Apes piece I was looking forward to, I tended to pop in the TV series or a movie. It's fun.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

TOS still holds up. Even without the "Special Edition" episodes. That's just damn fine TV!!!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• tmthor
          God of Knock-offs
          • Nov 29, 2005

Funny you say that My son and I have been watching BSG and Star Trek TOS since the announcement. (We would be also watching Buck Rogers but no where to be found )
          Last edited by tmthor; Jun 22, '18, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by noelani72
            I have been hooked on re-living these episodes. Strangely, excitingly, it is like watching them for the first time...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23050[/ATTACH]
            If you don't have TOS on Blue-ray discs yet, you should try and grab it, you won't be disappointed.

All the episodes with enhanced visual effects, surround sound and over 9 hours of special features.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I don't begrudge the remastered episodes, I watch them all the time on MeTV. But I also have the initial 2-episode DVD releases sand I love popping them in for nostalgia's sake. Takes me right back to the '70's-'80s when WUAB-43 was Star Trek central for me.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• drmego
                EMCE Toys
                • Jun 15, 2001

For a while BBC America was doing all-day Friday marathons of original Star Trek and I kept trying to find a reason to
                take off Friday. They still are doing all-day Next Gen episodes, but those just don't excite me enough to play hooky.
                www.drmego.com
                www.megoman.com
                www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• ODBJBG
                  Permanent Member
                  • May 15, 2009

Does Mego even own the old Mego logo? I thought someone bought that a while ago?

Comment

• Madcap70
                    • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by RobTMego
                    I just did that last year and also complete every Star Trek Franchise except the new ABC one that I refuse to pay for, LOL
                    It's on CBS/Paramount streaming not ABC...

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                      Does Mego even own the old Mego logo? I thought someone bought that a while ago?
                      Somebody registered it for t shirts, that's not even close to ownership.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by tmthor
                        Funny you say that My son and I have been watching BSG and Star Trek TOS since the announcement. (We would be also watching Buck Rogers but no where to be found )

There use to be a channel that you could stream on the Roku device but sadly it's disappeared.

Comment

• tmthor
                          God of Knock-offs
                          • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                          There use to be a channel that you could stream on the Roku device but sadly it's disappeared.
                          I know BSG is on the NBC channel
                          Star Trek is on Netflix
                          I did not know Buck was on another Roku channel and they removed it from Netflix......no one seems to have it now Me tv stopped airing so did Scifi....and no one else has it streaming as of right now

I was thinking of looking up "V" and see if i can find it
                          Last edited by tmthor; Jun 25, '18, 2:17 PM.

Comment

• noelani72
                            27inaleon
                            • Jun 25, 2002

I have TOS, unaltered on DVD...but I have been watching TOS unaltered on Netflix. I have seen some of TOS special editions with the snazzy new effects, meh....just doesn't appeal to me for some reason. I can relate to Star Wars - my brain remembers the originals and when it sees something new in these special editions, i get sucked out of the moment, the fantasy as I try to "think" about it.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jan 17, 2011

My satellite tv recently added a local channel that every night airs all the Treks starting with TOS at 8pm. I have been enjoying watching it - TOS only.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎