Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious question: What properties does Mego still own?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Serious question: What properties does Mego still own?

I know AGE used to own Visionaries does Mego? Or did Hasbro buy the IP along with Micronauts? Dragonflyz? Candi?
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

I am going to say that other than whatever licenses they are about to announce, Mego probably does not own any properties anymore. hopefully that will change in the coming months

Comment

• drmego
      EMCE Toys
      • Jun 15, 2001

Marty sold Visionaries and Micronauts to Hasbro a few years ago. He can re-introduce old brands MEGO created, but I don't know if these would
      do well at retail. He does still own the Powerglove from the '80s.
      www.drmego.com
      www.megoman.com
      www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Brue
        User without title
        • Sep 29, 2005

Powerglove? The Nintendo controller?

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by drmego
          Marty sold Visionaries and Micronauts to Hasbro a few years ago.
          Thank you for the info.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• bgiles73
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 14, 2010

With PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift and Go, and other such Virtual Reality gaming systems, something like the return of the Power Glove for the 21st Century could be a really big hit!

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Brue
              Powerglove? The Nintendo controller?
              Yup. There's a channel on YouTube called The Gaming Historian,that's where I found out about it.

Comment

• tmthor
                God of Knock-offs
                • Nov 29, 2005

Marty sold Visionaries and Micronauts to Hasbro a few years ago. He can re-introduce old brands MEGO created, but I don't know if these would
                Would'nt most of the old Mego brands be owned by others? Other companies are making Eagle Force and Action Jackson now.

Comment

• MegoMonk
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 22, 2007

How about BallBusters?

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 30, 2012

What about CB McHaul?

Comment

• Type3Toys
                      Home Of The Type3 Body
                      • Jan 18, 2005

I would think updated, upgraded mad monsters and an AJ type character who could actually hold his accessories would catch kid's eyes. Even some cryptozoology monsters and hunters would be eye catching, considering all the shows about them on TV as of late. All of the characters mentioned are not only popular, they wouldn't require a license.
                      LOOK
                      Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                      For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                      To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• Makernaut
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Type3Toys
                        I would think updated, upgraded mad monsters and an AJ type character who could actually hold his accessories would catch kid's eyes.
                        Cast-a-Way Toys did a modern Action Jackson that was freakin' aces (just like everything they did/do) and it went on hold late last year with "more details soon". I have had that sitting in the back of my mind with all of this. There is NO GI Joe stuff out now. That leaves a pretty big gap in a proven product for boys and Mego started the 8-Inch action figure with AJ. I know that is thin reasoning with huge jumps to fill in the blanks, but......it's no more of a reach than some of the "line of Little Lulu Action Figures" kind of reasoning that others have run with. And Monsters always grab interest.

(I went to Hasbro's site and typed in "GI JOE". I got ONE result and it was "Littlest Pet Shop")

https://www.hasbro.com/en-us/search?q=gi+joe
                        Last edited by Makernaut; Jul 5, '18, 8:04 PM.

Comment

• Type3Toys
                          Home Of The Type3 Body
                          • Jan 18, 2005

Originally posted by Makernaut
                          Cast-a-Way Toys did a modern Action Jackson that was freakin' aces (just like everything they did/do) and it went on hold late last year with "more details soon". I have had that sitting in the back of my mind with all of this. There is NO GI Joe stuff out now. That leaves a pretty big gap in a proven product for boys and Mego started the 8-Inch action figure with AJ. I know that is thin reasoning with huge jumps to fill in the blanks, but......it's no more of a reach than some of the "line of Little Lulu Action Figures" kind of reasoning that others have run with. And Monsters always grab interest.

(I went to Hasbro's site and typed in "GI JOE". I got ONE result and it was "Littlest Pet Shop")

https://www.hasbro.com/en-us/search?q=gi+joe
                          It doesn't need to be AJ, mego can come up with a new team new, Adventure Corp, Crypto Corp, anything. Have 2-3 different head sculpts and create cool character bio's on the card backs. If these are to survive retail shelves they need to grab kids as well as collectors. Nice thing now is kids want a fair amount of realism just like collectors do.
                          LOOK
                          Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                          For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                          To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• wise guy
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 29, 2014

It's too bad they sold Micronauts because that is one of a few properties that could sell
                            in todays market along with Marvel, and Star Wars. Figures Toys already has original
                            Action Jackson heads that make nice repros

Comment

• tmthor
                              God of Knock-offs
                              • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by Type3Toys
                              It doesn't need to be AJ, mego can come up with a new team new, Adventure Corp, Crypto Corp, anything. Have 2-3 different head sculpts and create cool character bio's on the card backs. If these are to survive retail shelves they need to grab kids as well as collectors. Nice thing now is kids want a fair amount of realism just like collectors do.
                              I think if done right a 3 3/4- 4" "Adventure People" like line would work.....you just expand the popular side branch. That would allow for vehicles which can include everything from Cops and Soldiers to Dinos and Aliens to trucks and race cars . Everybody would win including costomizers and you could work it to work with Licences I think it would work just on how well the Chap-mei lines sell.
                              Last edited by tmthor; Jul 6, '18, 7:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎