PDA

View Full Version : Pre Mego Meet car trouble tradition

Bronxboykev
May 21, '18, 10:30 AM
What is now becoming an annoying Mego meet tradition that is not welcomed, the Fiore mobile like clockwork 3 years running has a Major repair right before deployment,

Year 1 2016 Just before we hit he highway the night before the tie rod breaks thankfully my mechanic and almost $400 later worked tirelessly to get the car ready the night before to get us road ready...
Year 2 2017 The radiator bursts it was a quick fix but alas no it will not hinder out trip, $170 later we were road ready... but Scott Drove this year... lol
Year 3 2018 My transmission computer goes wonky but not before Chrysler talks me into a fix ($770 of unnecessary repair) that did not work, so back to Chrysler we go to order the computer that I had gone to have replaced when I brought it in IN the first place so an Additional $1379 leaving the expense envelope sadly...

We WILL be making the Journey but not without a major hit to the Expense envelope lol BECAUSE this among other reasons we need this weekend get away!!!

SEE YOU ALL IN 9 DAYS!!! :)

EMCE Hammer
May 21, '18, 10:39 AM
Hey Kevin - anything I can do to help? My 220,000 mile main ride says "Hi" PM Me

batmanmc
May 21, '18, 11:24 AM
Fingers crossed for you guys .

palitoy
May 21, '18, 11:36 AM
You + Me = Same Boat. Best wishes.

Brown Bear
May 21, '18, 4:37 PM
Car troubles stink. Here's hoping it's all sunshine and rainbows from here.

ScottA
May 21, '18, 9:49 PM
Maybe I can get some items from your table to help you out :grin:

WannabeMego
May 21, '18, 11:01 PM
OUCH!!!

Bronxboykev
May 29, '18, 2:32 PM
Update... $2000 in and still the same problem, so much for bringing it to the car dealer!!! Backup Car has been rented, with unlimited miles, thanks to Tommaso WannabeMego Ligotti for his advice and My sister in law (Scott's wife) for her company car rental code!!! see you all Thursday!!!

WannabeMego
May 29, '18, 4:58 PM
Awesome!!!

ScottA
May 29, '18, 7:43 PM
As long as you guys make it. Doens't matter how.

TomStrong
May 29, '18, 8:24 PM
Update... $2000 in and still the same problem, so much for bringing it to the car dealer!!! Backup Car has been rented, with unlimited miles, thanks to Tommaso WannabeMego Ligotti for his advice and My sister in law (Scott's wife) for her company car rental code!!! see you all Thursday!!!

You could almost buy a crate transmission for that!