• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

The Micronuggets

Topless Robot - All Hail the Micronuggets

If you don't tell me these are the coolest things ever, I will fight you. WHO WANTS TO GO FIRST? *tears shirt off*

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Seeker
    Neptunians RULE!
    • Feb 20, 2008

Greyhank would love these guys. The best of both worlds!
    Lo there do I see my Father.
    Lo there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
    Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
    Lo they do call me.
    They bid me take my place among them.
    In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

Comment

• megoscott
      Founding Partner
      • Nov 17, 2006

Holy crap, that's incredibly cool.
      This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

How cool is that!!
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• AcroRay
          Persistent Member
          • Apr 17, 2005

Sucklord does indeed rock, and his figures are amazing. (Haven't gotten the nugget just yet.)
          Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
          AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
          The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
          Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• monsterpants
            • Dec 13, 2007

Sucklord's recent string of Micro releases is killing my wallet!
            CosmoSatan
            MonsterPants - Movies and Comics

Comment

• ctc
              Fear the monkeybat!
              • Aug 16, 2001

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! Those are neat!

Don C.

Comment

• Drain
                megos are yummy
                • Jun 10, 2007

Cccccccoooooooooooooooolllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Mego Nudists Fish Nude Show Off your Rod.

Comment

• kinostadt
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 14, 2004

Those are certainly cool, but $35 cool? No.

Comment

• Bill
                    Parminant Memble
                    • Oct 20, 2002

digdug said:

Best company EVER! They just get it. Super Genius(aka Boba Fett DJ) has a small part in the Star Wars doc horrificly named "Starwoids". I bought their first Sucklord figure that was a Boba and Dooku hybrid with a handwritten message on the back of the card that said,"You are an ******* for buying this". Yes I am, yes I am.
                    Posted 05/01/2008 at 07:49:07 PM

Comment

• geotroid
                      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
                      • Mar 23, 2006

I recently wondered about that! I went through my DVD's last week, glanced at the hip-hop Boba Fett on the cover of Starwoids, and thought. . ."Sucklord?!? Is that you?!?"

-geotroid
                      Chris Farley: "Mother of Mercy, I don't speak Japanese!!!"

Comment

• misterdroid
                        Banned
                        • Jan 10, 2008

Had to go buy one... and threw in a Sucklord 600 for good measure.

Comment

• censy
                          thread killer
                          • Sep 26, 2007

Eek!

They're adorable. I just bought one.

Chris

Comment

• justzeg18
                            Career Member
                            • May 5, 2003

Here's what sucklord had to say about this guy in a post over at kidrobot:

"What makes him DELUXE, Sucklord?

Well, unlike some of our "Bootleg" figures, including the basic Suckpeg,(Such as the Sucklord 6), the Deluxe Suckpeg series is of a higher production quality. Most of the little bubbles, divots, seam lines, and other imperfections that make the bootlegs so cool and dirty are absent. While still maintaining some handmade quality, the Deluxe Suckpegs are much cleaner than any of our previous offerings. Also, unlike the bootleg Suckpegs (of which there will be more. Necromancer, anyone?) The Deluxe Suckpegs come with a cool miniature "environment" for them to sit in. In the Case of the Micronugget, he comes with a cool "Moonscape" base for him to explore.

Why is He so Damn expensive, Sucklord? He's so small.

Well, if anyone has attempted to do a production run of anything by hand, by themselves, then you know how difficult and time-consuming it is. Each Micronugget has 4 parts, that means it takes 4 molds to create. You can only get about 20 shots out of a mold before it starts to degrade. So to make 40 figures I need 8 molds. Anyone checked the price of silicone these days? After all the pieces are cast, they need to be finished. That includes sanding, chasing, and tooling. That's about 25 minutes on each figure. That's over 2 days of sanding. Yuck! Then each figure needs to be painted. That's 6 applications. Primer + chrome for the heads, then primer and Gold for the chest module. The Body gets a clear coat and the base gets a coat of iridescent. AND the shipping is included.
                            Without even telling you how much it costs to rent a studio in New York, one must conclude that THIS FIGURE IS A STEAL! "

fun stuff though.

Justin. Z.

Comment

• Jazz2008
                              • May 15, 2008

The testing for several DVD to iPod converters

When the mp3 just come out a few years ago, people suddenly discovered that, with such a small device, carrying heavy machine CD and running everywhere are no longer needed.

Then people around take with all kinds of MP3, enjoying their favorite music. Today, the people's demands are not only limited to listening to music, thus, MP4 player is more and more popular, of course, For the video player, we must mention Apple's iPod players, by Apple Computer Inc. The excellent quality of the products wins the largest users group, although the price is a little higher compared with some other products. But loyal "Apple fans" are still keen on it. Recently, with the recommendation of my friends, I purchase Apple iPod, failing to resist the temptation and joining their ranks. Then the attendant problems are coming after having it. How can I put DVD video onto iPod for playback? What kind of conversion tools can help complete this task? Will you search for a larger amount of the information about software to find the most suitable one? I spent a few days, to the end, and collected several good products from the major forums. By using the trial version for each one, I am familiar with the main features of each product.

I did the test from several aspects of them and hope that everyone can choose the software that is suitable for you.

Comparison for the operability of the interface

One of the important factors that attract the iPod users is certainly the appearance and Apple products, with its simple but unique appearance attract a lot of support. When we use dvd to ipod converter software for conversion, It is for granted to hope it can also have the beautiful appearance same as iPod. Running the software, the first to enter our field of vision is the overall interface. For a good interface, we can gave it a very high scores at the first sight, and during the subsequent using process, we arre also in a relatively good mood. Many iPod users know little about the computer and such a complex parameter settings will make them brain fatigue. So the tools with the simple interface and easy steps are really more desirable.

Here I will offer some outstanding software in the field of audio and video, and you can choose one that you like.

Pavtube DVD to iPod Converter

Cucusoft DVD to iPod Converter

PQ DVD to iPod Video Converter

Super DVD to iPod Converter

Xilisoft DVD to iPod Converter

Movkit DVD to iPod Ripper

Conclusion: overall, for the appearance, all the software has their unique design, and which one to choose is up to you. In my opinion, from the perspective of color, the styles for Movkit and Pavtube are the best.

Performance (conversion speed and stability)

When using conversion software, we often want efficient conversion speed. Converting a DVD files usually needs a lot of time. Usually from a one-hour DVD to MP4 format files it is about 30 minutes. If you have a lot of DVD to convert, you had better choose the software with fast speed. Otherwise, you will waste a lot of time on conversion, meanwhile, your computer will be stepped into the bundling process.

The test in this aspect took me a relatively long time, as the common DVD documents need an hour and a half for playback on average and the conversion time is around one hour.

After the comprehensive test, I discover several problems. First, if converting the whole DVD discs, the speed is more or less same. The time for total conversion and the source file are controlled in the ratio of 1:1. As for the personal settings, Xilisoft, Movkit, and Pavtube software, all can automatically detect your CPU style, and then choose your processing algorithms to increase the conversion speed. If you have a concert CD, and just only want to convert several pieces of favorite music onto your iPod, you will discover the conversion speed for the chapters with Pavtube is less up to a half than the whole, and I was shocked.

Output quality

Video effects:
                              Most iPod users enjoy movies with it, so it is particularly important for video effects. For the top DVD conversion tool, the quality of the output video is the same as the original one without any loss so that we can experience the enjoyment for high-precision video, otherwise, not only your eyes will be hurt, but the frequent beat and mosaic images also will annoy you.

Audio quality:
                              iPod is the most popular high-quality music output system around the world, so you can get the best music effects from it. Could you bear that a piece of good music becomes bad via conversion? I can not! Therefore, do not choose the converter that will damage your ears and brain. Among the software, except for super products, the other products all can customize the parameters such as the resolution, video / audio bit rate, and audio sample rate. Here we must to mention PQ DVD, on the interface, we can see clearly the slider for output quality, and output file size is shown too. Thus, it is very easy for us to balance the quality and size. Other products are also very excellent in this aspect, each has respective settings interface. The output quality values by the users, therefore, none of the products will be neglected here.

Stylish settings (advanced parameters)
                              For some primary customers, the simple conversion function can fully meet their requirements, but for those who play music, film fans, the setting options are particularly important. Here, PQDVD sets up 6 tailoring, Xilisoft 4, and Pavtube also provide 5 tailoring, which is of great help for trimming the image. In addition, Pavtube supports playback effects such as brightness, contrast, the volume for voice and the thumbnail. Cucusoft supports the brightness filter (you don’t have to worry about the background light.) Movkit will have an adjust ion for the angle and the contrast, and Xilisoft supports both color migration and the migration subtitles so that you won’t have the trouble for blocked image. By the simple operation, we can solve such a problem. At the same time, Xilisoft and pavtube can also support the division for film size or time, giving us the control for iPod capacity. Cucusoft, PQDVD, and Pavtube all support the function of automatic shutdown after conversion.So you don’t have to wait in front of the computers until it finishes the conversion task. As long as you set the necessary settings, it will work automatically.

The comparison for price

Everyone would like to get most reward with least spending. Here is a list form for comparison.
                              Pavtube Cucusoft:29$
                              Cucusoft:29.95$
                              PQ :39.95$
                              Super:43.95$
                              Xilisoft:29$
                              Movkit:29.95$

Pavtube DVD to iPod Converter, Xilisoft DVD to iPod Converter and Cucusoft DVD to iPod Converter are pretty good on the conversion speed and output, if I have to give an opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎