X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave Mc
    Administrator
    • Oct 20, 2002

Mego Employee Panel Announced, Final Submissions due by May 20

Hey everyone! Our deadline of May 20th is fast approaching.

We are excited and proud to confirm that former Mego R&D employees Harvey Zelman and Tory Mucaro will be on our panel evaluating and offering their insight on submissions.

The catalog lineup will be announced May 21st. The selected submissions
    will be displayed and photographed at Megomeet so remember to make sure you give yourself enough time to get them mailed to me by May 30th. After that, they might not make the event. (June 6-7)

Everyone who has submitted should contact me for a shipping address. You can ship them whenever you want, just make sure they are in my hands no later than May 30th.

Remember to make sure there is a note in that that gives all the information on the figures, and on who you are, complete with return address. Also remember, you are responsible for return postage, so you might want to toss in an MO, or cash or something that will cover the return trip.

Not exactly sure when the catalog will be complete, but we plan on locking Scott up in the Museum basement until he completes his task.
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I'm really stoked about Tory and Harvey's participation in this.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• megoscott
      Founding Partner
      • Nov 17, 2006

For me it's a customizer's dream come true to have your work looked at by people who were there. It'll be an honor to get their feedback on our project. Thanks for making it happen, Brian.
      This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

Yeah - it's the closest thing I'll ever come to "pitching" my work to anyone. I think it will be really cool. I just hope like hell I find time to finish my other ideas.

Comment

• Wee67
          Museum Correspondent
          • Apr 2, 2002

Even as a non-customizer, I'm really excited about this. I've been following everyone's amazing work and can only imagine how hard the decisions will be. If at all possible, I'd love to here the reasoning behind Harvey and Tony's decisions (for the ones accepted, of course).
          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Wee67
            If at all possible, I'd love to here the reasoning behind Harvey and Tony's decisions (for the ones accepted, of course).
            Even for the ones not accepted it would be interesting to know why. Since these are Mego employees we might get an insight on what Mego might have done if they had still been in business and what they certainly never would've done or what might have been to expensive to do
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Hulk
              Mayor of Megoville
              • May 10, 2003

Great news. I'm looking forward to seeing what they choose (and why).

Will they be the entire panel, or are we hoping for more Mego or industry participants?

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                MeGoing
                • May 14, 2003

I'm really looking forward to seeing all the submissions.

Comment

• Dave Mc
                  Administrator
                  • Oct 20, 2002

As of now they are the panel.

Comment

• megoscott
                    Founding Partner
                    • Nov 17, 2006

We'll try to get as much feedback as we can, absolutely, that's a major goal. But we also need to understand that these gentlemen are busy and are doing us a favor. We'll try to organize it in such a way that they can easily view and comment on the work.

Comment

• Brue
                      User without title
                      • Sep 29, 2005

so who is bringing submissions? everyone an anyone? selected submissions? who's were selected?

Comment

• Dave Mc
                        Administrator
                        • Oct 20, 2002

Brue, I would suggest you read the project outline and submission guidlines thread pinned to the top of this forum for details.

Comment

• Brue
                          User without title
                          • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Dave Mc
                          Brue, I would suggest you read the project outline and submission guidlines thread pinned to the top of this forum for details.
                          I read that - the dates are the original dates - not the updated ones. it says to post a submission, which i did. does this make the assumption that if work is posted it should be brought to the meet?

It says:
                          During the Toy Fair week of February 18th-22nd submissions will be reviewed.
                          Chosen submissions must be mailed by March 1st to Benjamin Holcomb and Scott Adams, who will photograph the products.

another thread says:

We are moving the deadline to May 20th and will be photographing the toys at Mego Meet June 6-7. The guidelines are opened to anything prior to the fall of 1979. Submissions will be mailed to Dave Mc or can be brought to Mego Meet in person.

So is that anyone - or just people who's work has been selected from "Submissions"?

Comment

• megoscott
                            Founding Partner
                            • Nov 17, 2006

Whatever is submitted by May 20th will be eligible and selections will be chosen by the panel from what is submitted. If it's chosen, bring it to the Meet or ship it to Dave. You'll be notified May 21st.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎