X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Havoc
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 27, 2008

Black Hands

Is there any out there or do I need to paint them. Doc said to dye them but I want them BLACK and not sure if the dye will get them that dark. Anyone.....
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Mr Havoc
    Is there any out there or do I need to paint them. Doc said to dye them but I want them BLACK and not sure if the dye will get them that dark. Anyone.....
    I'm pretty sure that CTVT made a solid black MEGO-like figure. You could either use the whole body for your project or just transfer the hands to the MEGO figure you want to use them on.

And, MEGO made the solid black (gloved) CHiPs hands which may also be of use to you.

It's your decision to what you end up doing, but if it were me, I'd try to just find black MEGO (or MEGO-like) hands and save yourself from the headache of trying to dye the Dr. Mego hands.

EDITED to add: CTVT does carry black hands. They have both "regular" hands and the gloved style. $2.00 per pair...
    Last edited by apes3978; Apr 30, '08, 8:54 PM. Reason: Wanted to add an update

Comment

• Mr Havoc
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 27, 2008

Thanks I found them and they look great. I have made an order. thanks for the help.

Comment

• megowgsh
        Customego HoF Curator
        • Nov 19, 2003

CTVT black hands are great except that they are very brittle. My advice to you is to buy a few pair of them because you may need some spares.
        Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• kept back
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 2, 2002

The dye works surprisingly well on the hands of the Doc Mego bodies. Just gotta leave them in the dye for quite awhile. The CTVT hands are a darker black, but they are very likely to break along the thumb line
          Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎